How can I make my GPT agent accessible by public with no subscription or API keys?

How can I make my GPT agent accessible by public with no subscription or API keys? Currently it can be accessed only by GPT Plus subscribers.

1 Like

This is most likely by design.

You can likely recreate on your own website with Assistants API, but you’ll need to handle billing and the other stuff on your own.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

You can recreate your GPT using Assistats api with an open-source project like this GitHub - SamurAIGPT/Open-Custom-GPT: Create Custom GPT and add/embed on your site using Assistants api and then embed it on your website or anywhere else to share with your users

1 Like

NIce but that is too much work. I hope OpenAI just provide an option make GPT assistants public.

2 Likes

That makes it more valuable usually! :wink:

Likely won’t happen, but we will see.

1 Like

If you try to provide GPT via communication tools like Slack or Discord, you could check out PlugBear which also has a handy tool to convert GPTs to Assistants
(disclaimer, I’m the creator of PlugBear)

2 Likes

No. I want to set up as a independent website. Users don’t have to use any other apps.

1 Like

That would dent the GPT Plus subscribers, so it won’t be in their interests. You would have to work around with Assistants api unfortunately

2 Likes

Good point. But if that independent website gets a traction that would be money making situation for OpenAI no?

Yes, and that’s what assistants do, or to be more precise, the API is for in general.
Custom GPTs are for users of ChatGPT.
If you want your users to interact with your AI solution on your website, then you need to create and implement the solution in another way.

1m

Yes you are right API wrapper would be the standard. But I still think OpenAI would be more useful and accessible if they make it easy to directly embed GPT assistants into any website.

I guess coding is not dead yet, as everyone on YouTube keeps proclaiming.