How can I continue using my Google account for logging in, but change my email address?

Hi,

I login to OpenAI using Google and my OpenAI profile is using my Gmail address for communications as well as in my profile.

How can I keep logging in using Google, but change my email address?

Thanks.

1 Like

i wanna know too. in fact, i just simply wanna change my email address; i dont care about being able to login using gmail. how do we do this?

I asked chat-gpt. This is what it said…

To change the email address associated with your OpenAI account, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your OpenAI account.
  2. Click on your username in the top-right corner of the page [EDIT - THIS WAS AT BOTTOM LEFT ON MY PAGE - fidcal]
  3. Click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click on the “Account” tab.
  5. Under “Account Information”, you will see your current email address.
  6. Click on the “Edit” button next to your email address.
  7. Enter your new email address in the “Email Address” field.
  8. Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.

Once you have saved your changes, you will receive a confirmation email at your new email address. Click on the link in the email to confirm your new email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder.

It’s important to note that your email address is used to identify your account and to communicate with you regarding your account. Make sure to update your email address promptly if it changes to avoid any issues with accessing your account or receiving important notifications.

If you have used your Google account to sign in to your OpenAI account, changing the email address associated with your OpenAI account should not affect your Google login credentials. You will still be able to sign in to your OpenAI account using your Google credentials.

However, if you have any concerns about your Google login credentials or if you experience any issues logging in after changing your email address, you can contact OpenAI’s support team for assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot any login issues or address any concerns you may have.

I don’t see an account tab:

Hi David,

With this being a ChatGPT account issue (I think?) you’ll need to visit the help site, you can find it here Help Centre in the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.

The Help Center has a FAQs, but I didn’t find a way to fill a ticket. You can only provide feedback or bug report, with no way to get a response. Many people is complaining that OpenAI does not offer a way to talk to a human from the support team (even if it would take several weeks). If you know a way to fill up a ticket, please let me know.

Hi David,

Here are the steps to register your issue.

DO NOT DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. I did and can not get it back!