Fix "Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong" error

Same problem for me - grrrr. Come on, we’re paying customers!

1 Like

I’ve been getting this al day, on the workspace plan too. status page says no issues but i beg to differ :confused:

1 Like

It’s really frustrating when they can barely communicate errors and there is rarely any sort of way to actually find out what’s wrong and you just literally have to guess, they should have a better support team or better indicators because I just started experiencing this and my chat gpt 4 just literally will not work in any way at all right now… it’s worse when the gpt just says “Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.” because it doesn’t give you any information of what went wrong, you just have to figure it out yourself.

1 Like

Thank you. Uploading any picture before starting a conversation helps to solve this problem. guy, you are a genius :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. Just fix it SOON okay?

2 Likes

Same issue here. On website or app, the problem persist.

3 Likes

Same issue… Any reaction from OpenAI team, please?

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue once a while in the recent days. My understanding is that ChatGPT is having problem initializing a conversation. In fact, I login to my account in Firefox and load the same conversation. From there, I’m able to click “regenerate” and everything looks fine. Then, I can come back to Chrome, refresh the page, and continue talking to ChatGPT in the exact same conversation and there is also no problem at all. I still cannot initiate a new conversation but the existing one works fine.

2 Likes

Same issue no matter what browser I use. ChatGTP 4 just won’t work. 3.5 works fine though

2 Likes

Same issue… Whats happen OpenAI team?

3 Likes

upload a photo to it, and it will work and chat normally. I was successful

1 Like

Hello, this issue is persisting everywhere, browser, application on phone or tablet. Most of the time was click and redo, but as of late its practically for EACH ANSWER, each gpt, or overall images, or documents. I understand there may be overflood of users requests and lack of GPUs, but can someone tell me what is happening?

I have cleared cache, installed the apps again, and nothing helps.

2 Likes

OK, this is ridiculous! Has anyone found an actual solution or heard from OpenAI on how to fix it or why it is happening? Has this been for people using Apple products or has anyone had the on a PC?

I have deleted old chats to see if it was a space issue, I have cleared the cache, cookies, history, I have logged out and back in, I use Chrome and tried a different browser (safari), I have tried different prompts, writing something, asked it to create a picture, asked simple questions… I am out of ideas at this point. I haven’t been able to use it for over 7 hours at this point!

OpenAI, HELP!!

2 Likes

I have been having the same issue all day - have tried talking to them about it only to be told there are no issues with the service currently. Many people on the official discord are also having this problem, so there clearly is an issue.

None of the regular troubleshooting stuff has helped - please address this issue.

4 Likes

I still have this problem.
PLS help!!!

3 Likes

I started facing this today morning and still cant access gpt 4.

4 Likes

Same here… Tried all the things nothing works. I guess I need to start a new chat over again for the 20th time… Very annoying given that I pay for the service. But this shows us how reliant we are on AI nowadays and we should have one in mind.

3 Likes

Somebody know what’s the problem?

2 Likes

i have the same issue since this morning with 4.0… 3.5 is working.
it does not work from Safari, from Chrome and from my iPhone…

how can I solve the issue?

I think it’s not depending on me…

3 Likes

Clearing cookies, site data and cache seems to have fixed it for me on FireFox using Windows 10.

1 Like