Fix "Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong" error

A few days ago, I suddenly received the error message: “Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.” No matter what I type, it’s the only response I get. I’ve tried clearing the cache, refreshing the page, logging in and out, etc. I’ve also tried different browsers, and it doesn’t work in the mobile app either. I created a new user with a different email to test, and that user works perfectly fine. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

13 Likes

I’m having the same issue. It is present on Incognito mode, in VPN, from wifi & phone, etc.

2 Likes

I’m not a very IT guy, but these are the errors in the console if it’s relevant.

I had the same issue; oddly, my backup account was able to use ChatGPT while my primary account received an error message. I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

3 Likes

I also had the same issue. Both web and iOS app can’t be used.

1 Like

Same here. I had this issue since weekend, while I’ve only upgraded to PLUS for only 4 days. I had to ask for refund then. The most weird thing is I borrowed my friend’s free account to test the network and it can work.

Tried again now and it suddenly worked without me making any changes. Very strange. Hope it resolves for you others as well.

This is most probably because whole ChatGPT goes down and it takes few hours to some to start working again and a lot more hours for other.

I tested it with 2 different machine on 2 different continents and 2 different accounts. Location or browser or hardware is not the problem. It all comes down to how far are you from point openAi started restoring service that time.

I’ve had exactly the same problem with the plus membership for a few days. Another free user has no problem.

Frustrating.

1 Like

I keep receiving this issue since yesterday despite I paid for a plus account.

2 Likes

It looks like it is plus issue. In my case, I suspect that I clocked up one thread with plenty of prompts. The last prompts had a slow response. Hopefully it won’t take long to come back.

Had this happen to me rarely but often enough to remember. Most of the times it was a temporary issue and could be fixed with sending the message again.
The one time the issue persisted I changed my IP address and logged in and out before the situation went back to normal.
That’s aside of major outages of course.

It would be great to have a permanent solution though.

2 Likes

I met the same problem too, after I delete a most recently created diy GPTs, the error somehow disappears. You can try this, hopefully this can help.

1 Like

this will appear only when I’ve uploaded an image. don’t know why. it’s been like this for 2 days. very annoying especially when i’m preparing for my final…

Even I am facing the same problem which I have never face before

I have the same problem. I have only tested this on iOS. The problem occurs only when I try to upload a picture.

Estou como mesmo problema, especificamente, quando tento fazer upload de uma foto. Alguém conseguiu a solução?

I found a solution. when you regenerate the response attempt, before it responds hit stop responding and it will cancel out the previous prompt that is bugging it.

2 Likes

Stopping the generating worked also for me.

@gag.baghdasarian is the issue still occurring for you? I tried the stop and then type something but it still gives me that error.

2 Likes