Fix "Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong" error

Testing showed, problem is with cloudflare and theirs rules, switch off vpn, only helped

I also started receiving the same error message. It started yesterday afternoon during the peak of their issues and is still a problem even though the status site says everything’s working fine. I’m running 4 teams version and I’m on a Mac, cleared my cache, logged out and back in, tried incognito, tried using Safari instead of Chrome… still got the same message. Uploading an image did open up the ability to start a new chat without error messages, but if I start a new chat or try to continue any old ones, I still get the same issue. The mobile version on my iPhone gives me the same error, although when I use the mobile app on my Android I get a different message saying… “The server is having problems. Please try again later. (8766a967d8a02225-ORD)”.

2 Likes

It’s exactly the same situation. I also tried using different vpn and still the error persists. But with GPT3.5 everything is fine, has anyone contacted support? Any solutions?

2 Likes

I’ve contacted support. But still waiting for a response. :confused:

1 Like

Was leafing around looking for a solution to the problem, and there was a post at the beginning of the thread:

FOUND A WORKAROUND FOR “hmm… something seems to go wrong.” If I just upload and send any picture first, the chat will open! I can just start the conversation then and it responds like normal in the gpt4 environment. If I start off first with a text or voice, I will still just get the errors.

And it worked for me, after uploading the picture, GPT4 responded and continued the dialog!!!

6 Likes

That worked to get me started on a new chat, but still get the error message on all new chats (without uploading an image) and all of the chats in my history. So… that workaround helps me start a new chat in a pinch, but not being able to access chat in my full history is definitely a major issue.

Plus, it seems that I’m the only one on our gpt-4 teams account who’s having this issue. Everyone else is working fine.

4 Likes

I have had the same issue since yesterday for the history chat and new chat. Does anyone know how to fix it? (I’m a GPT-4 user)

3 Likes

I’m a plus user and getting this issue for 2 days on multiple devices (ios, web). Will have to cancel my membership because i can’t do anything with this product

4 Likes

Same issue for more than 1 day (GPT-4) for both new and old chats every time. Changing devices can’t help, including devices that other accounts can be used normally.

2 Likes

I’m also facing the same issue, the picture upload workaround also works for me but annoying to have to do that at the start of every new chat.

3 Likes

the upload picture workaround worked for me, but crazy that every chat needs this now, maybe OpenAI customer service could use an AI assistant.

5 Likes

It’s so annoying. I have been annoyed by this problem for 3 days and haven’t recovered yet.

7 Likes

Two days in a row. ChatGPT 3.5 works fine. Whenever I try to use ChatGPT 4, it says: “Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.”.

I’m considering canceling my subscription since I can’t use what I’m paying for.

4 Likes

Same error for me since yesterday afternoon - GPT-4 does not work. (Team account)

2 Likes

I have to it’s problem for 2 days

3 Likes

Bugs

Encountering the same issue for 3 days, it appears this is related to server of GP4 ONLY not the browser or network since i encounter the same issue after ( cleaning cache and cookies, changing device and network). the issue is also present on the application on iPhone.

PROBLEM : In my case i can’t start a new conversation of GPT4. “Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong”

I found 2 SOLUTIONS to temporary use GPT 4 until resolved :

Solution 1 : Start with uploading a picture as a first prompt, and then continue the conversation.
Or
Solution 2 : Use existing conversation, edit last prompt and continue your conversatiom from there, if not working continue modifying the same promt and click “save & submit” each question.

Hope that works.

6 Likes

Solution one seems to work for me. Its anoying to do so tho… I hope they are aware of this issue.

1 Like

Solution 1 is the only workaround I’ve found useful here. I do hate the lack of support we have for ChatGPT…trying to piece together work arounds in a community form for an AI feels a little wild to me. But at least ya’ll have proposed solutions that often work unlike actual OpenAI support…

2 Likes

Same issue here. We are using Teams, so had to create another account within Teams so I could use GPT 4 properly. Bloody annoying as nothing else seems to fix it other than the uploading a picture work around. This has been going on for months now with a LOT of people. How do we get their attention I wonder…

1 Like

Same issue here - been the case for the last two days. Only seems to effect GPT-4 tho, GPT-3.5 works fine