Fix "Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong" error

Same issue here. Tested with multiple systems and multiple browsers at different times without and with relogin, still the issue persists. Any updates from chatgpt team?

The most probable reason are caused by a to long chat history or a to long message.

Fun fact: GPT3.5 (free) are way more faster and doesn’t have this type of issue. And i’ve been plus user since day 1 just like this issue exists still day 1.

problem is that GPT3 sucks compared to GPT4

3 Likes

Always the same response : “Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.” This message has been coming frequently for 3 days. Today, it’s almost once for each question! There I am stuck…

Same problem here when I was uploaded a picture. Stop generation solution doesn’t work for me.

I see the same problem when i was ask this question .

Unable to load conversation fddfdf20-82bb-44cf-b601-f56cd8cd8a60

Now I’m getting the same problem, I tried to clear the cache, use different browser but the problem persists. Is this a server issue that will be solved over time?

I just created an account and I’m having the same problem. GPT3.5 works fine, but GPT4 and GPTs do not work. I just get the error message. How do I report this error to openAI?

2 Likes

Same problem here. GPT4 stops working on Safari, Chrome, Edge and even the mobile app. It should be a server side issue. But other accounts work well. Any solutions?

2 Likes

You could email support@openai.com. I had the same issue myself.

continuation of the topic

How to solve this problem? I just recharged Plus and encountered this problem. gpt 3.5 works fine, but gpt 4 encounters the same problem.

1 Like

FOUND A WORKAROUND FOR “hmm… something seems to go wrong.” If I just upload and send any picture first, the chat will open! I can just start the conversation then and it responds like normal in the gpt4 environment. If I start off first with a text or voice, I will still just get the errors. I hope this helps in your situation.

7 Likes

today everithing ok. no error. It happend itself…

hmm…something seems to have gone wrong. chatgpt 4
Same here, I use chatGPT 4 Plus.

I am having the same issue. Stopping when trying to regenerate doest allow me to get rid of this message. How can we proceed beyond sending emails to the support team- which I already have?

Yes, your workaround perfectly works!

1 Like

Also same here, When I upload picture.
Sub chatgpt 4 plus.

1 Like

Had the same issue, resolved it by clearing my browser data and cache

1 Like

Clearing browser data and cache helped me. Thank you!