Code Interpreter plugin is nowhere to be found

Hello, I am duly registered to GPT4+. I have access to the newly released plugins but I can’t find the ‘Code Interpreter’ plugin.

7 Likes

Code Interpreter is a separate rollout from plugins. Haven’t seen any discussion about what that rollout schedule is though.

3 Likes

check the latest reply here :grinning::

3 Likes

I was eager to see CI too, but then again the plugins and web browsing have been such a disappointment, why would that be any different.

4 Likes

Yeah have to agree…browsing was worse than any existing ones online…all clicks failed, all reading pages failed…think we’re not even at alpha there, and the model just does not work of moving from a syntax aware agent to a dumb search engine, entire context, syntax, style, rlhf is all wasted.

1 Like

Quite disappointed here also. They highlighted Code Interpreter in their official plugin article. People got excited but then cannot find and use it at all.

1 Like

@jp_gorman I think that the reason is that OpenAI honour robots.txt.
Check another option, you can browse internet with ChatGPT using plugins. Try WebPilot for the beginning, this one is really awesome. Open source, they have also great chrome extension (https://www.webpilot.ai/).

I don’t understand the answer, if there’s no waitlist, is everyone supposed to have access to it? Because I can’t find it anywhere either.

The original waitlist application used to have an option for code interpreter. However, when they launched Browsing and Plugins for beta testing, they closed this application channel. Therefore, it is currently not possible to apply for the code interpreter, and the only option is to patiently wait for the alpha testing to end and enter beta testing as soon as possible.

Lots of buzz around Code Interpretter - keen to have a play but not in the Plug Ins list for me - in the same way as it isn’t for many others. I appreciate that the roll out may take time so happy to wait.

However, while I’m here I want to point out that the Plug In list is getting a little too long for a paginated no-search interface. Bit of UX needed.

5 Likes

Code Interpreter is what I have been waiting for. I have been a paid subscriber for months yet still do not have access. Very annoying.

2 Likes

Same here - plans in limbo while waiting, just spent a good 10 min trying to find it.

@shazam The opposite, unfortunately! It is still in alpha and only select few have access.

1 Like

Me too. I have access to ChatGPT Plus and am into analytics. This is why I joined. Does anyone have clear answer as to by when ChatGPT Plus users can expect Code Interpreter to be made available.

2 Likes

I would agree, plugins are interesting, or at least some of my results testing. I will be more interested once the plugins are more refined with ChatGPT platform and Code Interpreter is available. In addition, being able to used/activate more than 3 plugins would be great. UI for finding plugins, activating and deactivating plugins needs to be improved. The whole checkmarks, scrolling is terrible, no search and no “clear all plugins” option. All kinds of UI improvements could be made, easily. Or how about being able to change plugins between conversations or for ChatGPT to be able to switch up plugins if it sees a use to solve the greater request or goal

1 Like

No, they haven’t released any rollout schedule. Just need to wait.

2 Likes

Can we have our ChatGPT+ subscriptions pro-rated until the Code interpreter is out of Alpha and we can at least run it in Beta. Like many, many, others following tutorials, demos, and seemingly everyone else in the universe who already has access to it, it does no good for lots of resources to be coming out around code interpreter, when the audience has no ability to even use it. Plus, there’s the “well, they have access and are paying the same amount as me, and I have less functionality,” discussions around the water-cooler.

Also, I suggest that OpenAI introduce global website navigation that includes all areas. As it is, too many of the areas of the site are “dark” from other areas. It’s like a building directory that has 2 floors and 6 different offices listed, but the building has 4 floors with 20 offices, each. When you’re on a floor and there’s no indication other floors even exist.

6 Likes

Code inepter is the only useful plugin and I do not have access, how can I obtain it? I’ve been paying since it was released.

2 Likes

Code Interpreter is still in limited alpha.

3 Likes

I’m pretty annoyed. One of the main reasons I subscribed to Plus was for the Code Interpreter and it’s no where to be found! Sucks!!! OpenAI needs to be more clear on stuff.

2 Likes