ChatGPT4 Access (August 1st)

We were told that API access would be available by end of July 2023. It’s August 1st and still nothing. Have many apps and processes looking to utilize. I’ve spent ~100$+ on the API and still don’t have access, so not sure what metrics were used to determine if you spent more than a 1$, etc.

9 Likes

Same issue with me, i am also waiting for the month end and there is still nothing foe GPT4 api access.

2 Likes

same 2,a decent post I have ever seen in decades!

Yeah. I’m really hoping it’ll get rolled out by the next week, because I think a few people still didn’t have it this July until maybe the 6th or 7th even… Regardless, I hope $5 on the API is enough. Lol.

OpenAI lacks seriously communication and on clear dates to deliver.

3 Likes

Same issue here:

openai.error.InvalidRequestError: The model gpt-4 does not exist or you do not have access to it. Learn more: How can I access GPT-4? | OpenAI Help Center.

I had $7 usage, but I have no invoices. Nothing was taken out of my bank account.

1 Like

Also still waiting, not sure we get an email notification if we get it either so having to check each day.

1 Like

Hi,

An announcement on this was made here

For API accounts created after August 18, 2023, you can get instant access to GPT-4 after purchasing $0.50 worth or more of pre-paid credits. You can read about prepaid billing here.

from

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7102672-how-can-i-access-gpt-4

@Foxalabs I cancelled my payment plan and started it again and I did not have the prepay option.

I even tried creating a completely new account but it would not let me use the same phone number and I could not figure out how to remove the phone number from my current account.

1 Like

There was an issue a short while ago with credit account, it’s in the service status message list, I can only think your issue is related to that. status.openai.com

@Foxabilo I just tried again by cancelling my payment plan and creating a new one and now I can’t create a new one. I get the error below.
I contacted support but it says it will take them over a week to get back.

I guess my only open now is to wait a week or figure out how to create a new account and get around the phone number issue…

Your organization is not eligible for arrears billing. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

1 Like

That seems to be the post pay option, I thought you were looking for the pre pay?

I don’t have the prepay option. See my screens here:

I see, well accourding to the post made it should look like this

You’ll need to reach out to help.openai.com to query why this is not the case with your account, those are the only people that can deal with account related issues.

One more account per phone number should be allowed (unless a policy was changed). You can discover if you made that second account using another email authentication by attempting password reset against those emails (login screen, forgot password).

A legacy account, yet never entering API payment method, should be offered only the new system.

Multiple disconnected policies may have been changed around, possibly causing this complication or conflict. A card type or country origin previously eligible for post-payment monthly (arrears billing) may have been disqualified by new payment processor rule settings - by the consideration that less-trustworthy cards could only be used for prepayment. Possible new rules “don’t convert old accounts” due to a flood of problems in doing so, while not considering card restrictions.

One can try more techniques to get to the (undesired) post-payment entrance point. Remove credit cards until nothing on the screen. The old box on the “payment method” would say “add payment method” then, but that’s not what you want now. Log off and back in. Go to the platform.openai.com account main billing category and see if you aren’t offered the “start payment plan” along with an “upgrade” menu button to take you there.

Unfortunately none of those options work.
I can’t remove the last payment method.
It still says “Start payment plan again” and fails.
Reset password gives no SMS option. I use an authenticator app on this account.
All I have is the one account with the phone number that I am aware of.
I will wait for a week or so and see want the help says.

At least the API still appears to be working on my production application even without a payment plan so hopefully this will stay working for the week.

1 Like

And now production is broken :frowning:

So much for my live demo I was going to do tomorrow.

Support is not being helpful and saying something about me not being able to change from prepay to monthly billing which makes no sense.

Tip. Don’t remove your payment plan!

Hey everyone, after having read that announcement that topping up credit will provide me with access to gpt-4 after not having generated the traffic that was needed to be billed with at least $1, I canceled my payment plan and added a new plan. Voilà, I was presented with a dialog to top up credit. I added $5 and had to wait for a little while (systems sync does not seem to happen instant) and gained access to gpt-4.

8 Likes

Hello I am having the same issue. I don’t have an option to add $5 prepayment to access GPT-4

I can confirm that this is a working solution. Thanks.

1 Like