ChatGPT Team - confused after switch

I made the switch from my current ChatGPT plan to Team.

The end result is that i now have 2 accounts, one private and one as the first team account.

Basically it looks like both are supposed to be my accounts and now i can/should add additional people? Is this how the feature was designed?

I find it a little confusing, i would have expected my account to be transformed into a team account so that in the end i only have one account and just add my colleagues.

Maybe to give another perspective: I do use ChatGPT privately, but i also have an account paid by the company. So there is absolutely no need for me (and probably others) to end up with a private AND a team account on the company email address, this was the main source of confusion…

Maybe something to clarify in the docs :blush:

And of course, to not forget: Thanks for another GREAT feature :raised_hands:

2 Likes

And maybe also this: If a small company wants to buy Team, they probably (like me) will think they should use an email address like “info@” or “office@” to buy it because it makes sense from an org perspective.

From what i think how it works in reality, i should have used an account with my personal address…

2 Likes

What you describe makes sense.
ceo@megawidgets.com should be able to purchase the service.
The administrator should be able to create and assign the seat accounts which engage with the service.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks @EricGT, that solves it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: ChatGPT Plus to Team - Transfer Queries on Upgrade?

I’m in the same boat, but now I’m paying for a personal ($20 per month) and a team ($60) account. How can I consolidate? Doesn’t seem like I should be paying for both…and thank you…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.