ChatGPT PLUS ، paying problem, Card Declined

please i try 8 cards but all of them declined why i don’t know and I’m from Egypt i need to buy chat gpt +
can anyone help me for buy it openai do something for these problems!!!

1 Like

I paid for a Plus subscription but the account is still not getting reflected.
Does it need more time to update accounts?

Same problem. Error message “Your card was declined. Please try a different card.”. The card works on other sites.

Same problem I tried my egyptian credit card and chatGPT declining it. I tried 4 different cards

It works on other websites with no problem

Still having same problem with my SBI card… international transactions enabled but no luck…

Same here. Cannot pay through any of my US visa cards

Hi everyone,
we have had the same issue at the company with multiple personnel members and the administration card and solved it due to one of the two actions below

1. Changed browser from Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome (suddenly I had multiple cards, I deleted all until remaining with 1 registered card)
  2. Adapted the card details to exactly the same name and address as the billing details. (Even though the card has a different name).

Let me know what worked for you, as I am curious whether it was action 1 or 2 that solved the issue.

tried hard. used SBI and SIB credit cards with activated international payments in firefox incongnito window, but yet again got credit card declined. @joni.vanlangenhoven
Would really appreciate some help here!
Thanks

Same issue here, I had the subscription before and cancelled it but now that I want to reinstate the subscription my card is getting declined. I bought an Amazon gift card just to check and see if the issue is insufficient funds but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Same issue for me, using a card that a day ago I used to pay to upgrade my OpenAI API key. Bizarre that it works there but not with GPT Pro.

Furthermore:

• When Apple Pay fails, there is no warning, error, or message.
  • When a payment fails, I am able to edit my card info but not my name or address, these fields become locked.

I’m pretty amazed that the Stripe checkout page for GPT Pro is literally broken in multiple places. Not sure if Stripe or OpenAI is at fault.

1 Like

Same. Tried 6 different cards, debit and credit, master and visa. from three different banks, tried Apple Pay, link, tried on desktop, tried on phone, with VPN and without - no success.

The first month went through just fine, then the second invoice did not get through although the same card.

Very annoying

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Tried different cards from few banks

I have done all this, with four different cards. Sent requests to customer support etc.

My banks say that they do not even get a request they can decline, they say it is on pay.openai.com side.

We have a lot of staff that would love to use the Plus license, but they all have the same problems as I have.

Please assist!

Christer

@christer.mattsson have you ensure the IP address you are access the site from is within range of the billing zipcode (or local area code of wherever you are in the world) on the credit card you are using?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Well,

Sound like a tough nut to crack. I have:

• three mobile subscriptions - the IP they exit with are the mobile operators select to exit, I cannot control that. I am sitting with my mobile in LUND but it exits in Malmoe, so I will change my billing address accordingly?!?!?
  • I have fiber into my flat; they exit the IP in Stockholm, or some other big city, it varies
  • At work, where we problems as well, we are en e-commerce and have fiber in, but I do not live in Denmark I just work there.

In the nordics where we are we have giga-fiber to almost all homes and offices. It means it is hard to steer where the IP is located.

Can you advise me! I am the CIO at this e-commerce and we have some x*100 staff to whom we have offered to get a paid license. And we cannot order :wink:

Best regards

Christer

Contact details:
Email: christer.mattsson@gmail.com

I changed the billing city to the same as where my IP jumps out. If it is a comfort for you I was born there :wink:

Anyway, I came over the first hurdle. But now you have processing it for 10 minutes with the rotating symbol in the green field.

Hey @christer.mattsson, caveat here is I obviously don’t work for Open AI, I can just share what worked for me. I haven’t experiences issues with my IP when logging in, only when adding a credit card to billing info to upgrade my plan.

When the IP I am using to access the billing screen is physically close to the billing address of the credit card I didn’t receive issues.

I don’t think you will need to worry about the IP after billing info is entered.

Hopefully this helps

OK I figured it out for me at least. I used my phone which had the same location as my zip code!

Same here. no offense but their payment system is wonk. Never thought it would be this hard to give a company money