chatGPT login failure, may (?) be related to plugin dev access

As of today, I am unable to log in to chatGPT from any browser or IP. I have an existing, open chat session in Edge that works for now, but if I try logging in from another browser, after a successful login and redirect, model selection never appears. In the debugger, I see a 429 error chat.openai.com/api/auth/session. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have plugin dev access, or if it is unrelated, but I thought I’d report it here as it is mighty suspicious that it is the model selector that fails to appear, where the 429 error occurs.

For what it’s worth, this problem appears to have resolved itself, but I don’t know if it was my doing or something on the other end. After I re-established a working localhost plugin using the still working browser session, suddenly I was able to log on the chatGPT from other browsers as well. The 429 error was now gone. Perhaps coincidence, I don’t know, but as of know, everything works.

1 Like

Weird. Thanks for coming back to let us know.

Twitter had a hissy-fit and kept signing me out today. I’ve occasionally (a couple times in as many years) have had problems with loops or OpenAI not connecting right, but it was resolved quickly, IIRC.

Glad it started working again for you.