ChatGPT has stopped working in Firefox

Never had this problem until today. I can type into the Chat Browser in Firefox and hit send and it works fine. However, if I try to click back into the text box to delete something or add more text, the whole page is completely frozen. Cannot send, cannot scroll, cannot do anything. Refresh gets it working and the same thing happens. Rebooted, tried opening different tabs, same problem every time.
Firefox doesn’t say the page is hanging. It just sits there as if it were a screenshot. Doesn’t happen on any other website or page, just Chat. And no matter how long I leave it, it never starts working again.

29 Likes

Same here. Errors in input stream 4/5 times, Failure to prepare your chat extremely frequent and chat bar just not clickable after input. Most of the issues I’m seeing seem to be very recent which is frustrating. It’s unusable today.

3 Likes

2 days in a row now. It is completely unusable. Can someone tell me how I open a ticket with OpenAI and get this fixed. I’m paying for a completely defective service right now?

8 Likes

Same here. Just started a few days ago with behavior exactly as described in Firefox.

5 Likes

Same thing here…unusable in firefox. Please fix.

5 Likes

Same, it doesn’t like my FF profile i assume because i have security and privacy focused one.

2 Likes

Same here. In my FF entering field does not allow to click the Send button

3 Likes

And Read Aloud dont’ work at Firefox on windows.

6 Likes

Here the same. I can type my first prompt and then Firefox freezes and I can’t scroll, type or do anything. After refreshing the page I get an error: Unable to load conversation XXXXXXX.
But this conversation is on history and when I click it it shows ok. But another prompt and Firefox hangs again. Even chatGPT icons are not clickable.

5 Likes

Same here. Seems like it’s gotten worse, every prompt I enter renders the chat bar and scroll bars unusable and requires reloading the page. Have cleared cache and cookies already. Getting more frustrated paying for the platform over the last month.

6 Likes

Encountering the same issue described above. I’m on Firefox 123.0.1 on MacOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60)

2 Likes

ChatGPT allows me to send the prompt then leaves the prompt with no response at all. Allows me to send another prompt to the same effect. Same for new and old chats. Firefox 102.14.0esr 64bit Linux (Works fine in Chrome on the same Linux box.)

The latest Firefox ESR for Linux is 115.8 and normal release is 123.1. You can try installing a binary for a user, or updating the distro unless you have reasons to hold back.

Firefox seems to work fine, except for some authentication quirks. You can login through openai.com. Then check any privacy guard or ad block extension. Use developer tools → network to watch for blocked resources (although the SSE stream viewer hasn’t worked for a long time).

Same problem with me. MacOS Sonoma 14.3, Firefox 123.0.1. The UI freezes completely to the point where I now have to write prompts somewhere else to avoid losing them because I can’t even copy what I’ve written in the prompt window when this happens.

How many more billions does OpenAI have to raise before we can get a textarea that works consistently in Firefox?

1 Like

Ctrl-R refresh usually works for me. The page will work just fine after a reload.

But it’s good to know that it fails for others than me because Firefox has had a lot of issues for me lately also with video so I thought it was just my config that was messed up badly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I run the Broswer console in Firefox it says all this:

X-Content-Type-Options header warning: value was “nosniff;”; did you mean to send “nosniff”? 2

Cookie “__cf_bm” will soon be rejected because it is foreign and does not have the “Partitioned“ attribute. [log_event_beacon]

Cookie “_cfuvid” will soon be rejected because it is foreign and does not have the “Partitioned“ attribute. [log_event_beacon]

Cookie “__cf_bm” will soon be rejected because it is foreign and does not have the “Partitioned“ attribute. [log_event_beacon]

Cookie “_cfuvid” will soon be rejected because it is foreign and does not have the “Partitioned“ attribute. [log_event_beacon]

X-Content-Type-Options header warning: value was “nosniff;”; did you mean to send “nosniff”?

The resource at “********************” was blocked by OpaqueResponseBlocking. Reason: “nosniff is true and mimeType is an opaque-blocklisted MIME type or its essence is ‘text/plain’”. 2

X-Content-Type-Options header warning: value was “nosniff;”; did you mean to send “nosniff”? 4

Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. [codemirror.css:244:22]

Elements matching selector: .CodeMirror pre.CodeMirror-line, .CodeMirror pre.CodeMirror-line-like

NodeList

X-Content-Type-Options header warning: value was “nosniff;”; did you mean to send “nosniff”?

Is this a Mac / Firefox issue as I noticed most people reporting the same issue have a Mac. I’m using Ventura.

I’m having this issue as well. It’s def super annoying.

It seems to being caused by the presence of <div id="enforcement-containerchatgpt-paid">..</div>. When I delete that node with the devtools, the bug is fixed.

4 Likes

Hello @dwaltrip77, please can you tell me how you fixed step-by-step? I tried to find the div you reported but it is not found

Now it’s freezing just after pressing Enter after writing the prompt. There is no answer and input field is dead. Refreshing the page does not help.
Please fix that as I don’t want to use Chrome Or Edge.

1 Like

Same here on firefox : nothing happen when I type a conversation and click on "enter"even in Microsoft edge : I have a message telling me "Unable to load conversation (numbers) when I click on my “conversations”.
On Firefox : conversation is appeared just I can’t type a conversation.
I subscribed recently to use DalleE 3 and all worked fine only one day. It’s 2 days now I can’t make something.