Chatgpt account blocked

I forgot my password and attempted to log in too many times and now my account is blocked. I was able to find the right password after digging. It’s been a week now though and I’m still getting the same message saying my account is blocked because of too many login attempts. I’ve tried messaging help center but it still hasn’t been resolved. Has anyone gone through this and been able to successfully unblock their account?

5 Likes

You might consider (depending on your account status), to create a new account with different credentials (over a VPN) and just parking the blocked account for now.

I had the same issue as I couldn’t remember my password and got locked out. I did the password reminder option and updated my password and was able to sign in. Try that…

1 Like

how do you mean reminder option because i don’t seem to understand what you’re saying

If you’re account is connected to google. Try the “sign in withh google” option, worked for me

1 Like

just reset your password. That works and unblock the account

1 Like

i reset the password ,but my email cannot receive the message.
who knows how long it needs to unlock my account?

has anyone resolved this? I can’t login to chat gpt. it says account locked for attempting to login

Does anyone from Chat GTP have the answer to this? I have the same issue I am paying for Chat GTP Plus and they are happily taking my cash but I cant stop payments because I cant access my account! I think GPT need to invest some of those $billions from Microsoft on some support for customers! Im sure Microsoft has better service from Chat GTP! So far no answer to any of my emails! how many people in Chat GTP on support?

All this so called advance tech ans same old problems occuring !

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. It s a shame. I have a subscription but can not log i. is there any support at openAI?

1 Like

Sad, I cannot login my account eithier, who knows how can I unlock my account again?

1 Like

Both of my Accounts reported the wrong password on the same day and there is something wrong with it definitely. I recorded my passwords somewhere so they are
all correct. I tried to use the function of forgetting the password but never received the email. Samely, I have a subscription for one of them but they are all gone. Blocked as well for too many trials. LOL. some of my work really need the help of GTP. Looking for support for open AI as well.

1 Like

I have just noticed something if you have a gmail or outlook email address. Do not try to log directly with it but go via “login with a gmail” or “login with outlook” account. In this case this is a single sign on login you use meaning you are login thanks to gmail or outlook and not OpenAI.

I see I am not the only one. I have been locked out for almost two weeks now with no response from the openai support email. I read somewhere that however u first tried to sign in is the one you forever use. Like for example I sign in via Google. And I’ve never had an issue. Now it just refreshes to the main login as if nothing happened. And now it says there’s an error to take a break n try again later. It just keeps looping me with error messages. I have no clue what’s going on. But I had so much work on there. I knew I should’ve migrated data.

2 Likes

The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well.https://newjerseyloteryresults.com/ If i want any further guideline we will contact you here
Thanks

same here the website logon shows my access is denied and no way to unblock the service.

Hello, do you know how to solve this problem?

I fixed my blocked account by using an browser VPN extension.
Just don’t type the password. Log in by using " Sign in using Google Account.

1 Like

I never receive the password reset emails,always get a something went wrong response from trying to sign in with google, and so I can’t even cancel my subscription, or use the product, I had to signup with a different email to get access here. :confused:

1 Like

found this detailed article for reasons, fixes & preventive measures if you are getting Sorry, you have been blocked on chatgpt. I was able to fix the error