ChatGPT 4o download for Windows

I can only find links for downloading the new ChatGPT 4o for Mac.
Is it not available yet for PC (Windows)?
If it does, where can I find the link to download it?

16 Likes

Hi!
The desktop app is currently available only for certain types of Apple computers.

I am also waiting for a Windows release which has been announced for later (November) this year.

Hope this helps somewhat.

11 Likes

I too am waiting for the Windows version, so you are not alone.

Rest assured, once it does get released, we will make sure to provide the official links to download here so people donā€™t go and accidentally download malware.

10 Likes

Has anyone commented on the irony of the Mac drop ahead of Windowsā€¦? Is a $10B investment from Microsoft not enough? This is honestly mind boggling and I donā€™t see anyone talking about it.

15 Likes

Trust me, weā€™re aware of the irony.

Weā€™ve been spending most of our time calming down the folks who donā€™t have the ā€œrightā€ Apple product to use the desktop app.

It is odd, yes. However, I can make a guess thereā€™s likely far more to the story than just not shipping to Windows yet. For starters, thereā€™s Microsoft Copilot, which uses GPT-4.

Second, and this is just my personal speculation (with no evidence), they may be planning something with Windows on ARM. Itā€™s unlikely, but possible considering they developed this for Apple Silicon first. They may be focusing on developing the desktop app for chips that have a sufficient NPU.

2 Likes

Good to hear they are working on the desktop app for windows, looking forward to it. ! In the mean time, does anyone know if there will be a web based version of the screen share tool when the video share comes out? . If not, does anyone know of a workaround?

It doesnā€™t boggle my mind and we can likely take it as proof that OpenAI is not a part of the Microsoft corporation. Their partnership is focused on AI tech and providing cloud compute, not software development for end users.
Which is a good thing. Imagine all the additional bloat a Microsoft app brings to the table. In other words, letā€™s hope thatā€™s not the case.

4 Likes

The answer is that Microsoft has introduced copilot desktop software, which basically does the same thing, and also applies Gpt4o

3 Likes

Well that happened a few days after I made the comment above.
But if that works for you, then go for it.

1 Like

Well, this is annoying, especially since MSFT works directly with OpenAI. Iā€™m not buying a Mac just for this to work. I donā€™t understand why Iā€™m paying $20 a month anymore if someone who owns a Mac can get more out of the product for free. I guess I should be paying APPL and not OpenAI

3 Likes

Everyone here with gpt4o except those who paid from the beginning, thanks openai.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. Appreciate itā€™s hard to stay on top of so many things.

That said, please push it to my Windows Desktop like all the copilot and edge stuff gets pushed. If anything is deserving, and wouldnā€™t get complaintsā€¦

1 Like

Did anyone try a Mac emulator?

1 Like

looks like we need to buy the new Windows surface laptop

1 Like

你儽ļ¼åÆ仄发ē»™ęˆ‘Macē‰ˆGPT4o é“¾ęŽ„å—ļ¼Ÿč°¢č°¢ä½ 

App Copilot for Windowns?

1 Like

i am also waiting for this

2 Likes

But it doesnā€™t have all the new functionality of GPT-4o, like real-time screen capture and analysis.

We (non-Mac users) also donā€™t have access the updated app on Android. While I can select GPT-4o as my model in the current app, I am not able to achieve instantaneous language translation that was featured in the demo.

2 Likes