Chat GPT can’t read files

I don’t know hat is happening, but after the latest update, Chat GPT did not want to read my uploaded files at all. It keep popping me out an error

5 Likes

I’m having the same issues - as so far the latest update, chatGPT will not analyse documents. In so far image files are concerned it works fine, but I suspect it is because DALL takes over. The code analysis part is gone. Also I am not seeing the plugins any longer…

2 Likes

Same challenge here - new to the OpenAI community though - is there a specific place for tracking bugs like this or just this forum?

1 Like

Same here, It wont read java files i give it and instruct to read. Does anyone have a working fix for this?

1 Like

Same error when i try to give him some file that are a little big big like 10mo they say this file content to much content

1 Like

Same issue here. Even with small files like less than 1 mb. Please, if anyone knows a workaround on this, please share. Thanks.

1 Like

Same issue here. Asked about the type of Error it tells me AceInternalException. Any updates on this would be appreciated. File type is plain text txt.

1 Like

This is happening to me too with a few KB file. This is the first time I am using the “attached” files feature, so I was going crazy.

Hopefully is a temporary error?

1 Like

same error with me. a months ago I was able to do data analysis using big csv files. I tried to complete my work! using the same files!
Error Analyzing!!!

Over the past attempts, I have faced an internal error when loading my dataset for descriptive analysis, which was previously successful a month ago with the same file structure and content.
the system triggers an “AceInternalException” and prevents further processing.

1 Like

Same issue here.

• created 1k zip today with txt SUCCES (2015 mbp)

But then

• created 50mb zip ERROR (mbp 2023)
  • created 1k zip ERROR (mbp 2023)

Searching Google for “AceInternalException” yields only this thread.

1 Like

I like how responsive the OpenAI team is.

Does OpenAI already know this? Where can we report? There’s no “report a bug” option in the settings. Does anyone know?

Does OpenAI already know this? Where can we report? There’s no “report a bug” option in the settings. Do you know how? Thanks.

It works again. Coincidence? Or because I deleted some chats with large uploads?

1 Like

Yes, It works now. I think it was a sudden problem and they received many questions about it in the helping center. I did not change anything, and it works now.
however, it is very slow with comparison with the previous version of ChatGPT-4

1 Like

It works now, try.
they receive the complains on their helping center website:

At: the right down corner.

2 Likes

no, i have the same problem that persist in here. Tried with the bots, but same result too :frowning:

1 Like

nah, i had to delete all my conversations and now it works :frowning:

It was working earlier, now it’s not working again. Idk why.

I deleted all my chats and it still doesn’t work.
I’ve already reported the bug. I look forward to it, I hope it will be quick.