GPTs not reading PDFs in messages anymore

Hi!
I have a GPT that has flawlessly analyzed PDFs which I have uploaded with messages. Unfortunately, this has stopped working all of a sudden today. When I try to share a PDF with a message it just ignores it and says it has no input. This applies for ALL my GPTs and not for a plain GPT-4 chat window.

Any ideas how to fix this?

14 Likes

Hi @Sarevok - for the time being, I would just give it a few hours of time. It might just be a temporary issues that resolves itself (hopefully).

2 Likes

Ok, thank you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I just love this functionality!

2 Likes

I have the same issues now, hope it fixes itself. In my case it seems that the whole retrieval doesnt work and instead it uses data analysis or just web browsing.

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Finally got it working how I wanted and now having this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

The same happened to me from last night…what should we do now?

2 Likes

PDF uploads have not been working consistently for the last TWO DAYS. I’ve not seen any confirmation of this problem from openai (may have missed it?) and the status page shows no problems. We’re trying to get to a large pilot fielded but without PDF upload, we’re blocked. What’s going on? When can we expect to see a fix - or at least acknowledgement of the problem and estimated timing for a fix?

4 Likes

I’ve the same problem rn, hope that will be resolve soon …

1 Like

I’ve been logging out and back in to get around the issue

1 Like

Api fed hyperlinks towards GPTs have also broke during this time period. Making links unclickable even if formed in an api and given to the GPTs.

2 Likes

I sent an email to support team but did not receive any compelling answer. I also copied the url of this page and sent to them to see how many others encountered the same issue. I think all should contact with them and ask for a prompt action. Thanks

5 Likes

Hello,

I see that we’re all facing the same issue, and it’s mentioned on another forum post as well. I reached out to the support service for bugs and errors. They told me, “This issue is not specifically documented in our Help Center articles, which means it might be a new or emerging problem. However, I can assure you that we take such reports seriously as they help us improve our services.”

I’m not sure if it’s necessary for many of us to notify them, but just in case, I thought I’d share :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I been experiencing the same issue since yesterday and I’m using txt files

2 Likes

Well, I have tried txt but same issue.

It can’t read pdf, CSV, txt and basically all files, anymore.

It can’t generate slightly outside of what big brother is saying it can do.

Is it their way to slow AI down so we can prepare the world first? Or is it very bad news about what AI is going to look like in the future: pale images of what the vox Populi is saying. No waves, only short term mainstream thinking.

Sounds look a good dystopian book.

1 Like

I am seeing exactly the same issue; my core use case for ChatGPT is having it parse my own manuscripts and help me with brainstorming, critique, editing, summarization, etc. It was working perfectly for this until a few days ago. Now it seems incapable of reading any manuscript file I give it (either through my custom GPT’s knowledge base or uploaded in the thread) in any format.

4 Likes

Title: Urgent Help Needed: Image and PDF Processing Errors Since Yesterday

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered a critical issue starting from yesterday that I hope to find some assistance with here. I’ve been using our platform’s image processing feature without any problems until very recently. However, since yesterday, I am unable to process any images or PDF files successfully.

Every time I attempt to upload an image or a PDF for processing, the system fails to process them and throws an error instead. There’s no indication of what might be causing this sudden issue, as the error messages are vague and don’t point to a specific problem. This issue is significantly hindering my work, as I rely heavily on this feature for daily tasks.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems recently? If so, were you able to resolve it, and how? I’m looking for any advice, solutions, or workarounds that could help me get back on track. Additionally, if there are any recommended diagnostics or logs I should be checking to more accurately pinpoint the issue, that guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I’m looking forward to any insights or suggestions from this community.

3 Likes

we are here for the same issue but nobody knows what to do. I sent several email to support@openai but received no clear response…I am still waiting for their answer as it is affecting my work and it seems they do not care at all. I purchased the GPT 4 plus account but for pdf reading after two days usage it is asking to buy an upgrade plan and pay another $20! It is really weird and annoying

5 Likes

I am having the same problem when I upload my PDF I’m not seeing it anymore or sometime it’s aborted.

3 Likes

Seems to be anything that is uploaded. Hopefully they get on that fix! Support said Monday-Friday I got a reply back yesterday still with no real answer provided them more info and nothing since. So hopefully Monday they figure it out.

4 Likes

Clearly OpenAI has been doing development work on the ingestion capabilities for .pdf’s I’m seeing better results the past few days

I am still promoting to any OpenAI staff they partner with Adobe on a solid solution.

If they can do text to video, ingesting meaningfull .pdf tables with numerical values should be child’s play for OpenAI, and go a long way towards creating truly practical functionality.

4 Likes