Can't subscribe to gpt-plus / OpenAI filters Account?

I live in Japan.
Tried to press upgrade button again and again since last night, getting same error

Because I am new, I can’t upload image. So I will use quote

The payments page encountered an error. Please try again. If the problem continues, please visit help.openai.com.

My friend living in Japan tried same and he has no problem to proceed to payment page.

I saw guy in reddit, who also had same problem, but he could successfully subscribe with another account.

actually. update. It wasn’t working on one “burner” account I’ve been using for a while. But I logged out there and logged in with my primary email account (that I must’ve signed up for a while back and havent used). Was able to click through and signup without a problem.

So I suppose they have account filter to allow subscribe chatgpt-plus.
If so do you guys have any idea on what criteria they possibly have?

Trouble shooting tried so far :

• Clear cache and cookie for all times
  • Try different browser : Chrome,Dolphin, Samsung galaxy browser, Safari
3 Likes

Sam problem here. It works when I try to use my business account that we use for the ChatGPT API but when trying to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus on my personal account I get

The payments page encountered an error. Please try again. If the problem continues, please visit help.openai.com.

2 Likes

Same for me (living in France)
I’ve been using ChatGPT for a while now, wanted to upgrade to Plus, and keep getting this error message.
When trying to subscribe from my company email it works, but I’d like to subscribe on my personal one

2 Likes

Happening to me as well, getting The payments page encountered an error. Please try again. If the problem continues, please visit help.openai.com.

2 Likes

to add context I signed up using email and password, it looks like using Google provider works

2 Likes

I’ve been having this problem with the useless error message; it worked fine when I created a new account with a different email address.

4 Likes

Same here, I’ve been trying for a couple of weeks to give openai my money, and seeing others having the same problem, I’m curious how many folks just give up and walk away. If you look at people getting this error in February to now, no answers are provided.

2 Likes

I am also the same. I have tried many times already. It keeps giving me this prompt and I’m log in with my Google account.:cry:Maybe I should change the account…??:sob::sob:

3 Likes

Hi
Same error here when I try upgrade to plus - From Canada.

1 Like

Same error in Korea. I wanna pay but it is not working…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Anyone tried talk to a support to solve this?

Tried with multiple accounts, none of them worked, repeatedly getting the same error message. Contacted support, haven’t heard back yet. - From Turkey

3 Likes

Hi! Same problem with error message “The payments page encountered an error. Please try again. If the problem continues, please visit help.openai.com”. It doesn’t solve yet? Or I need to register a new acc?
I wrote a message to support center but they didn’t answer yet.

4 Likes

Same problem from Denmark - can not create ChatGPT plus account. I get this error:
The payments page enncountered an error. Please try again,. If the problem continues, pleas visit help.openai.com.

2 Likes

I’m using login via google account, and also experience the same problem, for last 3 days, “The payments page encountered an error. Please try again. If the problem continues, please visit help.openai.com.” And I tried at different times, when ChatGPT wasn’t too busy

2 Likes

Same issue here. I’m using google account for login.

1 Like

Same issue. Any update on the solution?

2 Likes

Same issue here. Logging in via company email. Any updates?

1 Like

Same issue, but just that I’m already subscribed to PLUS earlier this month. I’m in Korea, had no problems using the service until today. Anyone having similar problems?

1 Like

Same issue here. I tried to upgrade to gpt-plus with Google provider (which I was using all the time) with no luck. I switched to my microsoft account (never used it before) and I was able to upgrade

1 Like