Can't log in, endless loop

Just trying to register for ChatCPT and I’ve gotten stuck in an endless loop, add birthday, verify phone number, and back around again.
Now thanks to being stuck in this loop, I’ve gotten this message - “You’ve made too many phone verification requests. Please try again later or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

Typically caused by the use of a VPN or Proxy and also some enterprise solutions can route through a VPN that has been blacklisted by Cloudflare. It can also be caused by older versions of iOS on some older model phones.

Hi,
I have the same issue this morning. No VPN configuration that I know of on my MBA running Ventura 13.3.1.
Any other suggestions to break out of the endless registration loop?
Thanks.

Unfortunately none of those are me, I’m at home on a fully up to date Mac, and don’t use VPNs etc…

I’m wondering if you should try Firefox as a browser, for a test, see if there is something browser related that is causing the issue, you can try using your mobile phone on mobile data and seeing if it works that way, if you still have no joy then it’s time to contact support@openai.com or the help site over at https://help.openai.com

Again, could you try Firefox and/or incognito mode just to rule out browser issues, and also try on your mobile device using mobile data.

Thanks for the suggestion. It did not work with Chrome and Safari but it did work with Firefox. Go figure.

Sorry if this is late, I have the same issue, but if you click on signup and use an SSO like “Sign In with Google” it will log you in just fine. That’s the workaround so long as you used an SSO service as I said.

This is getting boring now, mid August & still this problem persists - can’t even use the ‘log in with google workaround’ anymore as that sends me in the loop too!

1 Like

I can’t create a new account…

You’ve made too many phone verification requests. Please try again later or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

It turns out also that openai logs all phone numbers in a database that have ever been used for the signing up.