Authentication Issue with OpenAI Account

I’m reaching out regarding an issue I’m facing while trying to log into my OpenAI account. I originally signed up using my Gmail account, but recently, when I attempted to log in, I received an error message indicating that I tried signing in with a different authentication method.

I’d like to ensure that I can continue to log in using my OpenAI account without any issues. Can you please assist me in resolving this matter?

Attached is a screenshot of the error message for your reference.

Oops, you are using a Firefox browser, and they caused a bug weeks ago that nobody has fixed yet.

Workaround. Go to openai.com, choose “log in”, then pick the destination after authenticating.

If it can’t be resolved with even a different browser, then I would try the user/password for your gmail instead of google authentication, or see if you can receive a password reset email from the “forgot password” button.

That’s about the end of the tips before you’d have to contact staff through help.openai.com message center. Changing authentication methods is something they cannot do though.

1 Like

Thanks a ton for your help with the OpenAI login trouble. I tried everything you said – went on Firefox, Chrome, Brave, and Edge, but nope, the same error every time.

I even tried using my Gmail email and password to get in, since my Google account and OpenAI account are under the same email. But then it said “wrong password,” which is really weird because I’m pretty sure I got it right.

I really appreciate your time and advice. I guess my next stop is hitting up the help.openai.com support team to see if they can fix this.

Thanks again, really.