AI won't generate answer: Network Error and Request Not Allowed

Today, ChatGPT refuse or unable to generate any answer for my prompts. The app then showed me a pop up which reads “Network Error. Please check your connection and try again.” just like the screenshot attached to this post. My internet connection (mobile data) works just fine, I tried to run some heavy task and it worked perfectly like always. But just to make sure, I switched my connection to available Wi-Fi but the problem still persist.

After that, I remember that I’ve not yet updated the app since last month so I checked the app store for newest update. I updated the app thinking that my problem will finally be solved but no. The same pop up message still shows up. On top of that, though I still logged in with my account, all of my chat history won’t appear and another message popped up. It said “Request is not allowed. Please try again later.”. I did not activate the auto delete chat option.

Did I just got banned? I only use Chat to assist me with my grammar, math problem, and to discuss literature. There are also no other indication or notification to prove that it was what happened. Was it just some bugs? Is there anyway I could fix this problem ASAP? I am no expert in this kind of thing, just a casual user. Please help me out and thank you!

Update 07/09/23: The problem has not been resolved. I’m unable to use ChatGPT at all.

Update 23/09/23: Issues fixed after the newest update. I’m able to use ChatGPT normally again.

1 Like

Same thing happening to me for the last week. I’m not sure what is triggering this behaviour.

1 Like

I on the same situation. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Unfortunately I don’t really have one. Like I mentioned in the update, the AI works normally again after the latest update so I don’t know why it doesn’t work on yours. I suggest contacting the company if your problem is not fixed immediately. That was what I planned to do if mine still won’t work after one month but it works fine now.

I started getting this problem last night (Jan 2024). Nothing I do fixes the problem. Voice won’t work. Text always get question not allowed even when I just say “Hello”.

How can I fix this? I use chat gpt to fill in holes in my knowledge and to check misinformation.

I disabled WiFi but that didn’t help. Can someone tell me how to fix this please?

1 Like

Today I went to access the GPT chat and the same thing also happened on 01/25/2024, Request is not allowed. Please try again later, I’ve tried everything and nothing works.

1 Like

For this matter, I suggest the best thing to do is to contact the company customer support. The last time I encountered this issue was around two months ago, and it disappeared since I did another update. I have not encountered any problems since.

For additional information, I did not do anything to fix the issue and simply laid the application down. If your problem still persists even after many attempts at resolving it, contacting the company is your best bet.

Happening to me today, just advising request not allowed, tried over wifi and another network, reinstalled app etc but still there :-1:

Hello, you managed to fix the problem: “Request is not allowed. Please try again later.”. I also had this problem just today and I can’t connect.

1 Like

I encountered this problem now. I logged out of my GPT profile, logged in again and so far the problem has gone away.

This error occurs when you have multiple google accounts on your device. For example: if you have two different email accounts with google, and they are attached to your play store and you use them interchangeably, then forgetting to switch back to your main account that was used to register with google play then this error pops up.

Its annoying but it is what it is ladies and gentleman. At least now you know why this happens