Why I have no free trial usage

When I call ChatGPT API, I failed. So, I find my account may be have problem. I have no free trial usage, so I think my api key is invaild. But I don’t kown why, and how to resolve?

2 Likes

I also have the same problem. In the “Usage” section of my account, it indicates that the $18 free credit has expired. It was the first time I’ve ever used the OpenAI API, so I didn’t understand the reason behind this. I could see that I had a charge of $1.90, which I also didn’t understand. Looking at the cumulative daily usage, I was able to see that I had charges just over three months ago. This coincides with the time I tried GPT-3, before ChatGPT was released to the public. It seems that the $18 had a 3-month expiration date, so the expiration countdown started the moment I did that simple test. I’m not sure yet, but I think the solution would be to create a new “clean” account so you can obtain the free $18 credit.

I hope this helps you out and anyone with a similar problem.

2 Likes

Exactly I’ve got the same problem and tried to create a brand new account abd there is requestingbto set up a payment option! But it’s a bit unfair because I’d like to test it in my app / aso net core web api / and basically it gives 500 respond => insufficient found! Technically i have no credit on my accou t and I can’t use it! Shame! They should be separate for business and developer usage or put a request limit and developer can test their application without paying it only after when the app has deployed! Now I’m waiting their answer!

Same problem here :confused:
I have an acount, and created API key, but there is no Free trial usage in my account. I have no idea why it happened.

1 Like

Seems my free trial was set up to expire on the same day it was created (for me the 1st of May).
Not the 3 months as promised.
Used / Expired: $0.00 / $18.00

“You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.”

1 Like

Same problem here , i have seen online that they are giving 18 $ free usage but when i create one they are showing $0 .

Same problem here, never used the API key but it says already expired even before I generated an API key.

1 Like

THis is cheating from openai