Where can I find GPT-4o? I can't seem to find it anywhere

I’ve only ever used the free Chat-GPT3 (so I have a login for it) and it has worked fine. After watching the presentation on this new “GPT-4o” thing they said that I can use it through “Chat-GPT”…but HOW?
I went to the main OpenAI website then tried both Chat-GPT and the “Playground” option and they’re both not working?

I went to
chatgpt dot com
openai dot com / index / hello-gpt-4o/
and
platform dot openai dot com/playground/chat?models=gpt-3.5-turbo-16k

At Chat-GPT . com and logged in. I see at the top it says “Chat-GPT 3.5” and in the dropdown menu it has Chat-GPT4 option IF i “upgrade to plus”. Isn’t that a paid tier? Or did I misunderstand everything the presenter said when she said it was “free”? Do I have to pay for the upgrade first and THEN I have access to an additional component which happens to be GPT-4o?

I then tried the “Playground” option and I can see at the top it says gpt-3.5-turbo-16k"(which I can’t even use for some reason) with no GPT-4o option. When I try to use the gpt-3.5-turbo-16k and put in a picture into the “Enter the user message” box, I tried to upload a picture and a question and it returned the message " You’ve reached your usage limit. Go to billing settings for more details…" even though I’ve never used “playground” before.

So do I have to pay? why did they say free access? I’m not a dumb person, nor am I anti-AI or anti-technology but why am I so confused with how to even just access this? What am I doing wrong? Someone please help. I beg of you.

Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Same issue here buddy, I paid $20 and chat GPT 4o is still not popping up for me, I don’t have any of the new features

I paid $20 dollars

1 Like

I was able to use it yesterday, conversation flowed just as the add. Now it’s gone. No explanation, no idea what to do.

1 Like

Same here, I was not being able to see 4o from the drop down.

1 Like

I see what’s going on here, their teasing us.

1 Like

Same here, I thought they didn’t update in AU :smiling_face_with_tear:

have the same issue … no way to access it. Probably there is UX issue or no update

They Said weeks. For me its already available and as fast as advertised Just the Phone App ist Missing the Video feature

1 Like

At my work I have pc on Windows 10. GPT-4o works there, but on Windows 11 at home doesn’t , whyyyyy???

same issue here, I can not see it on the web page, but my peers do… WHY?

same, i even tried using vpn but no. i have some ideas. we can try using another account or try in a different pc if there is a one.

Same, i can’t see the 4.o version.
My colleague, in the same office (in Belgium) has access to it, i don’t…

Weird

1 Like

My colleague sitting right next to me have the access and i dont.

2 Likes

i thought i was the only one mahn… it’s so frustrating

similar for me. I cannot access it. how to resolve that :roll_eyes:

The same, I hope it will apear in few days

1 Like

I think there are just too many people using it.

Reason:
Users on the Free tier will be defaulted to GPT-4o with a limit on the number of messages they can send using GPT-4o, which will vary based on current usage and demand. When unavailable, Free tier users will be switched back to GPT-3.5.
[Users on the Free tier will be defaulted to GPT-4o with a limit on the number of messages they can send using GPT-4o, which will vary based on current usage and demand. When unavailable, Free tier users will be switched back to GPT-3.5.]

Found at:
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7102672-how-can-i-access-gpt-4-gpt-4-turbo-and-gpt-4o

So why the video feature is not being showed? I looked for it in Android apps and did not found. Is it present in iOS?

Same issue~My colleague get GPT4O , I don’t. Very sad~

GPT-4 is being slowly rolled out. If you are a Plus subscriber, you will have priority access to it before Free users. This rollout may take a few weeks. Hopefully this answers all your questions.

1 Like