What are the specific security and privacy risks of changing my email address, that OpenAI won't allow?

Why can’t I change my email on my open AI account? I understand it has something to do with perceived security and privacy. However, in an email exchange they continually dodged my requests on four separate occasions for specifics and further elaboration, all they could say, was you can’t change your email address because of security. It’s like they’re unable or unwilling to explain. Literally, all they would say is “we don’t allow email changes.” Why the rigidity and lack of transparency? To say its a security risk to change email addresses from one email that I own to another that I own, is like saying it’s dangerous to move money from my checking tosavings account. it makes no sense and their unwillingness to elaborate is concerning. I don’t understand why. I have countless other accounts where I can change my email address and it’s not a security risk. So what’s the big deal? And why can’t they give any information about their policy other than that they have a policy? It makes me wonder if it’s more for their security than mine and if my data is mine or not

Nope.

The issue is that they have millions of users who use their product, but they don’t have enough staff to keep up with it. I would expect that they have it on their list of things to do but have not gotten around to it yet.

if that’s the case they should just say so instead of being vague and saying it’s a privacy and security thing.