Upgrading to the Usage Tier 5

Hi! My organization is currently at the Usage Tier 1, which was fine for dev purposes with LLM requests only. Now, we need to add DALL-E 3 integration as well, which only seems to have more or less reasonable rate limits for the real usage at Tier 5 (200 images/minute).
According to the doc, 2 requirements must be met: $1,000 paid and 30+ days since first successful payment. The second condition is already completed, so my question is, is spending $1K enough to receive an upgrade to Tier 5? In other words, is it guaranteed that we’ll receive an upgrade after buying $1K worth of credits?
The support bot mentions other “conditions” such as review by the OpenAI, usage patterns, etc. which are not mentioned in the doc.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the dev community!

As I understand it, that should get you straight to tier 5.
If I were you though I’d throw $50 in to see if you get given tier 2 automatically, then if you are just work your way up!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, I also was thinking about doing these upgrades incrementally.
It would be great though, if someone on the forum with the same use case could confirm this.

1 Like

In my experience the second I’ve met the conditions I’ve been almost immediately upgraded (as in within an hour) and I’m on tier 4 now. Obviously it makes sense to be cautious though so that’s why I recommended an incremental increase.

3 Likes