[Solved] I am unable to share a GPT

Hi, I made a GPT and I can’t change the sharing option.

I’m able to change it in the ui, and when i click update, it always reverts to “invite only” and i don’t even know what that means, I want my collegues to be able to access it.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have my builder profile filled out, and have a couple of other GPTs

TIA, Tom

You need to verify the domain entered in the builder profile when publishing a custom GPT.

More details can be found on the help site. https://help.openai.com/en/articles/8798878-building-and-publishing-a-gpt

1 Like

I have a verified domain sir.

1 Like

This the only one you can’t share?

I think I recall hearing something about not all were able to be made public if _____… I can’t remember the blank, though, at the moment. Maybe if it didn’t pass review for public?

Can you share the name or any other details?

Hi, it basically generates a kind of script for accessing web apis. its for programming .

https://chatgpt.com/g/g-IvA7mBjg1-appli-connect-connection-maker

Also, have you reached out to support yet?

No emails from openai.com you missed?

1 Like

We have received similar reports previously and were able to trace some cases back to potential breaches of IP rights or of the ToS.

Just to give you some examples: if the knowledge files contain potentially inappropriate content, the sharing option can be deactivated without further explanation. These can also be false flags, in which case you should contact support and wait for a solution.

In the meantime, you can check for anything obvious that might cause such a restriction by reviewing your GPT’s details, or you can rebuild it step-by-step until you reach the point where the error occurs.

I hope this helps in your case!

1 Like

Have you prepared the necessary privacy policy site for sharing a custom GPT, and have you entered its link in the custom GPT’s input field?

1 Like

thank you for the information.

I have not prepared a privacy policy. I do not see such a field anywhere.Perhaps thats the problem. Where should I look for this?

My GTP definitely does not do anything naughty it writes web api definitions in a certain format.

Also, there are other GPTS that I cannot make public. So it seems to be a global problem. I just don’t see anytihng related to privacy anywhere

This section outlined in red is the field for entering the link to the privacy policy site. To make the custom GPT publicly available, this section must be filled out.

1 Like

Sir, my GPT does not have functions/actions, and so when I fill this in, I cannot save it, as it says “invalid action”. When I did, I still could not share my GPT.

To place a necessary field in a place that is not required is ridiculous, and cannot be what the issue is.

I will try openAI support directly, even though I thought this was it. Sigh,

SOLVED:

For anyone who has this same problem.

These are the correct steps to sharing a gpt if you encounter this problem.

update your gpt to what you want.
click share
select what you want
hit save.
DO NOT PRESS UPDATE AGAIN just exit the browser, and the next time you update your gpt it will no longer reset the sharing to invite only.

This drove me nuts.

2 Likes