Safety feature is a bit over the top

My image prompt has been rejected I think because of the word needle:

“Generate an image of a cross-stitch project in progress. The pattern should be of a beautiful, lush garden, filled with a broad array of colourful flowers, each colour corresponding to a different hued thread. Half-finished, it lays in a wooden hoop, which holds the fabric taut. Surrounding the cloth should be numerous spools of thread in many colours, along with a pattern guide marked with symbols laid out in a grid. The needle, threaded with vibrant crimson thread, is in the process of adding colour to a rose flower in the design.”

I did try cross-stich project without needle but it was still up against the security.

Just tried “Design an image depicting an embroiderer’s workspace. In the centre of the frame should be a wooden embroidery hoop with a partially completed botanical design - a vibrant pink peony, delicately crafted using satin stitch. A large window streams in soft, natural light illuminating the array of colourful threads carefully arranged by the side, a fine needle threaded with a strand of silken blue floss. There are sketches of future projects scattered on the table. Around the room, various fabric swatches, reference books and potted plants can be seen, creating an atmosphere of creative serenity.” and ran up against security again!

2 Likes

The blocked words may be unexpected to you, but have been noticed before, and are likely to prevent reproduction of copyrighted images that were taken and the AI was trained on.

2 Likes

import pprint

pprint.pprint(chat_completion)

Btw. Tried with needle in
messages = [{“role”: “system”, “content”: "
not blocked.

To make it do any crafting images is a pain. Try to talk it into showing an image of anything knitting like how to loop etc. it won’t do stuff like that. I only know because I built my wife a knitting teacher GPT and I could never get it to do help diagrams…

I tried your prompt too.

1 Like

Cross stich is issue just describe it don’t name it.
“ Generate an image of a weaving with knitting needles project in progress. The pattern should be of a beautiful, lush garden, filled with a broad array of colourful flowers, each colour corresponding to a different hued thread. Half-finished, it lays in a wooden hoop, which holds the fabric taut. Surrounding the cloth should be numerous spools of thread in many colours, along with a pattern guide marked with symbols laid out in a grid. The needle, threaded with vibrant crimson thread, is in the process of adding colour to a rose flower in the design”

Cross-stich is a brand.

Generated
Cross Stitch is a retail brand that specializes in fabrics and ready-to-wear clothing. The brand’s identity is based on the classic cross stitch technique, and its designs combine traditional thread work with contemporary trends. Cross Stitch offers a variety of products, including:

• Lawn collection: A sought-after collection that features new designs in embroidered chiffon, lawn, Swiss voile, karandi, and cotton satin
  • Digital print seasonal collections: Available in the same range of fabrics as the lawn collection
  • Prêt range: Includes printed crepe, embroidered premium collection, and embroidered seasonal collection
1 Like

Hi @jde
Welcome :people_hugging: to the community!

The word “stitch” also be associated with medical procedures, such as surgical stitches, which may be why it could trigger safety or moderation systems in DALL-E. Medical-related terms, particularly those linked to injury or procedures, might be flagged due to concerns about generating harmful or graphic content​​.

You may use

neddlework-project” or “cross-thread embroidery project” or other words:

2 Likes

Condensed prompt “ Floral Needle point project in progress wide image”

Floral Needle point project in progress narrow image

Stich is issue too.

Floral yarn needle and canvas frame project in progress narrow image

1 Like

That is not a concern in topic (although the quality of the image stinks)

The content policy filter is very keyword-based, and targets particular points of transient and ongoing concern to OpenAI’s interests.

1 Like

canvas work Project floral … this is super tight logic.

This works too “ counted-thread stitching Project floral”

Round counted-thread stitching Project floral

“ Draw a human form made from stitches ”

@jde

I changed only word “stich” in your both prompt, others are AS IS.

I replaced in your;

first prompt “needlework”

second prompt “threads”

1 Like

It is based on main purpose.
If your aim about surgery you can do it, but if you use the word “stich” in other context such as needlework, it refuses generally.

And OP’s topic is not related to surgery, it is about needlework.

Similar topic is here:

1 Like

Stich is not the issue. “ Counted Thread stitch on round canvas Image”

Thanks everyone I understand it now. It really is weird that AI cannot sort out the relationship in the prompt. It needs to be a little less keyword and more context based. Thanks again!

1 Like

Related to combination words.

“Thread” helps like 911.

Remove the word “thread”

1 Like

I really liked this conversation it is a good brainstorm. Thanks for everyone!

But where is @Daller ? :grin:

1 Like

You are right. I found it matters placement of the word and it’s hard to repeat in a more than 70% almost half got flagged. This “ Counted Thread on canvas flowers made of flowers round in round frame image” “ counted thread “ gave me a more constant cross stitch look.

1 Like

Thank you too Pole you are one of my favorite forum folk to chat with. I love stuff like this lol. :rabbit: All y’all rock :honeybee: I’m out of “hearts” but I’m gonna come back. @Daller is very talented I enjoy thier threads too and @PaulBellow and @_j

2 Likes

…sitting on my mouth and hands…

Short:

IMPORTANT: If you check prompts for triggers, ALWAYS use “don’t change the prompt, use it as it is.” in the prompt.
GPT changes the prompts often before they are sent to DallE. you must ask GPT to show you the JONS prompt sent to DallE.

There are two security systems.

GPT itself, which can explain why something is blocked and can sometimes be convinced to generate the image anyway.
A word and phrase-based system. It triggers on specific texts without understanding their meaning. THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!! It doesn’t communicate with GPT or the user. It blocks publicly used names, many of which OpenAI has nor rights to block, and some phrases.

Tip for testing: GPT alters text before sending it to DALL-E. Make sure to prevent this, or you’ll go in circles. GPT sometimes even plants blocked words itself, my favorite is “snow white.” Thanks a lot, Disney… :money_mouth_face: :rage:

Then, delete sentences or blocks step by step until you find the sentence that triggers the block. It’s very tedious, but this way, you can narrow it down.

Either there is a trigger word or a trigger phrase in that sentence, found by simple string matching.

To the OpenAI team: stop counting money, put the drinks, the K, and the H aside, and finally fix these issues that are annoying EVERYONE.

I think this nonsense was just built lazy in for legal protection, but it’s completely pointless and only frustrates everyone.

And now I’m sitting on my mouth and hands again…

1 Like

We can collect some found phrases and words here.
To help others whit this @#&*§…

1 Like