Why would "We put love into every stitch" be in violation of chatGPT policies

I have been asking chatGPT for images to support listings for our small business, Mystic Mates Pillows. Within our branding plan, I’m using a phrase that GPT provided, “We put LOVE into every stitch”. I asked for an image of a lowcountry southern room with a sign on the wall that says, “We put LOVE into every stitch”. GPT refused, stating the phrase violates policy. When asked, it said no to itellectual property. I asked for specifics and it could not give me any. Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone explain what is happening?

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

Do you have the full prompt you used?

Was it a fresh thread?

I just recreated the thread tonight to answer your questions. It is a fresh thread with the same answer.

i need an image of a southern lowcountry living room with pillows that have a smooth edge. One of the pillows needs to say, “We put LOVE into every stitch”

ChatGPT said:

ChatGPT

I wasn’t able to generate the image you requested because it doesn’t comply with the content policy. If you’d like, we can adjust the request and try something different. Let me know how you’d like to proceed!

4o

The quote might be the problem? Copyrighted or trademarked maybe?

I am the owner of two trademarks, so I did ask if it was a intellectual property issue and the comment back was “no”. Very puzzling!

Hi @jimstauffer77 :wave:

Welcome :people_hugging: to the community!

I understand it is a confusing and frustrating issue.

The word “stitch” might have been flagged by DALL-E’s content moderation system because it can be associated with medical procedures, like surgery, which might be considered sensitive. Sometimes, content moderation tools are overly cautious and block words that could have multiple meanings, even if your intention is completely different.

If you change the word “stitch” to something like:

thread
piece
detail
seam

it should work and won’t be flagged by DALL-E.
However, if “We put LOVE into every stitch” is your official branding motto, I’m sorry, but it won’t work for now.

Here is my experience I used word “thread” in second prompt:

1 Like

Ooh, good catch. I didn’t even think of that word that way. Well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.