I would like ChatGPT to have an option to send any generated text directly into Canvas whenever the user requests it, rather than requiring the user to start a Canvas conversation or manually copy and paste the response.
For example, if I ask ChatGPT:
“Write me a professional email about this issue.”
I should be able to say “Put that into Canvas”, and ChatGPT would immediately place the response into an editable Canvas document.
This would be especially useful for:
- Editing and refining ChatGPT’s responses
- Writing emails, letters, reports and essays
- Working on longer pieces of text
- Asking ChatGPT to rewrite or improve a specific section
- Moving an existing response into an editable workspace without copying and pasting
Suggested behaviour: Add a simple command such as “Open in Canvas”, “Edit in Canvas”, or “Send to Canvas” to ChatGPT’s responses. It would be even better if ChatGPT could recognise requests such as “put this in Canvas” and automatically move the current response into an editable document.
This would make the transition between chatting with ChatGPT and editing the resulting content much more seamless.
I think this would be a very useful improvement for anyone who regularly uses ChatGPT for writing and document creation.