OpenAI Tutorials, our newest docs section, is now live!

The new OpenAI tutorials section of our docs :bookmark_tabs: is now live!!! :tada:

https://platform.openai.com/docs/tutorials/

More tutorials coming soon.

28 Likes

Thanks this is amazing.

Is it possible to have tutorials on Nodejs?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m waiting for new content.

Would be amazing if you guys could work on libs that make 95% of all operations workable, client-side

Would open the API to

• Single page applications
  • Progressive web-apps
  • Browser extensions

Microsoft and most crypto wallets are already migrating off of servers, and offloading CPU & databases, on to the client

Think, native P2P applications communicating via web APIs, and handling most of the heavy lifting on the client.

Most things done in c++, python or other languages can now be done in WASM

See here:
https://webassembly.org/getting-started/developers-guide/

Chrome supports all of this (not sure about mobile), and Microsoft, Google, & Apple, are all using the chrome engine now :wink:

I think Opera too…

Get someone on the team to research this topic if needed, and supply you with feedback.

PS:
MS is the king of cross language/platform compilation (and they pretty much own: GitHub, Visual Studio, and typescript)

Look up:
Roslyn, IL, NET6, blazor (pretty cool, but not catching on)

Since you guys are close to MS, this should be easy-peasy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you are interested in Nodejs, you definitely should upvote this issue: NPM package · Issue #22 · openai/tiktoken · GitHub. It is an important missing piece to support this technology better.

3 Likes

I really like your first tutorial OpenAI API! We need more such complete descriptions of how to solve specific problems using the OpenAI API. Great job!

Small note: I miss summary of all requires steps on the beginning of the tutorial, something like this:

2 Likes

Some tutorials on how to use the Node.js openai package with Dalle-2 would be really helpful. Unless I missed something, the current docs on that endpoint are kind of sparse.

@logankilpatrick
Link to the code in this tutorial OpenAI API is broken

This should be fixed, the folder structure changed in the Cookbook over the weekend.

1 Like

@dan.avila7 I have just found that there is already a pretty nice fork of the original OpenAI tiktoken repo, porting it to WASM target with the interface for both Node.js and Browsers: GitHub - dqbd/tiktoken

Available already on npm: @dqbd/tiktoken - npm

The author mentions his recent work in the issue linked by @konradk

1 Like

Fantastic. The tutorials are indispensable and enlightening. Thank you! =]

1 Like