OpenAI API Tutorials: Code AI with Rok

:robot: Hello world! :robot:

My name is Rok.

:date: In December 2022, I opened my OpenAI account and began exploring the API. It was so much fun! Shortly after, I started sharing knowledge on StackOverflow. At the time, OpenAI was not yet as popular as today, but it started getting traction. Since today, I have helped hundreds of thousands of people solve their errors when implementing OpenAI APIs into different projects and have become the Top answerer of all time for OpenAI API questions on StackOverflow.

:zap: On November 6, 2023, the day of OpenAI’s first-ever DevDay, I’m taking a step forward. I’m launching my YouTube channel to share my knowledge in video format, besides StackOverflow.

:rocket: Subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay tuned for what is coming in the coming days and weeks.

PS: I want to emphasize that the purpose of my tutorials is not that you code parallel to me. For this matter, I always upload the full code to my GitHub profile. See the repository for tutorials.

3 Likes

OpenAI API Tutorial #1:

Get response in JSON format

In today’s tutorial, we are going to look at a feature that was released on OpenAI’s first-ever DevDay, which is how to get an OpenAI API response in JSON format. I’ll show you an example in both Python and Node.

See my GitHub repository with full code for the tutorial.

OpenAI API Tutorial #2:

Build a personal math tutor

In today’s tutorial, we are going to build a personal math tutor with the OpenAI Assistants API using the Code Interpreter tool. The Assistants API was released on OpenAI’s first-ever DevDay. I’ll show you an example in both Python and Node.

2 Likes

OpenAI API Tutorial #3:

Graphical user interface for a personal math tutor

In today’s tutorial, we are going to build a Next.js graphical user interface so that we can chat with the personal math tutor that we built in the previous tutorial with the OpenAI Assistants API using the Code Interpreter tool.

2 Likes

Thanks for updating in the same thread.

Good work on the progress.

Thanks for the kind words @PaulBellow . :slight_smile:

OpenAI API Tutorial #4:

Build a customer support chatbot

In today’s tutorial, we are going to build a customer support chatbot with the OpenAI Assistants API using the Knowledge Retrieval tool. The Assistants API was released on OpenAI’s first-ever DevDay. I’ll show you an example in both Python and Node.js.

2 Likes

OpenAI API Tutorial #5:

Terminal user interface for a customer support chatbot

In today’s tutorial, we are going to build a terminal user interface so that we can chat with the customer support chatbot that we built in the previous tutorial with the OpenAI Assistants API using the Knowledge Retrieval tool. I’ll show you an example in both Python and Node.js.

2 Likes

@rokbenko Thank you for your kind knowledge sharing.

I don’t suppose this challenge would interest you?

Help needed with a prompt to create a complex schedule to avoid mistakes - Prompting - OpenAI Developer Forum

If you can give me some pointers I’d appreciated it. Currently I am kind of cheating by asking ChatGPT to help me solve it with Python and Google OR-Tools as another forum member kindly suggested.

I have basic knowledge of Python only, but if AI can somehow be used to solve this complex task I’d be very happy.

Keep up the great work. I subscribed.

OpenAI API Tutorial #6:

Terminal user interface for a customer support chatbot with response streaming

In today’s tutorial, we are going to add response streaming functionality to the terminal user interface for the customer support chatbot that we built in the previous OpenAI tutorial. I’ll show you an example in both Python and Node.js.

screenshot_short

Can you create a tutorial on how to connect to a local/cloud database (sql/nosql).
There are no apis available for local database.