Programming Basics for OpenAI API Success

This is a topic to help programming or ML beginners locate primers and scaffolding to be more productive with the API in developing applications.

4 Likes

For beginners you may want to check out the following resources after playing with the OpenAI API Playground.

9 Likes

Just in case anybody finds it useful, I wrote a short tutorial on building a serverless GPT-3 Powered App using NextJS here - How to Build a GPT-3 Powered Serverless App using NextJS & React?

Complete Code for the Github Repo is also shared here - GitHub - harish-garg/nextjs-reactjs-gpt-3: GPT-3 Powered Serverless App using NextJS & React

4 Likes

GREAT JOB!

Maybe put in some links to documentation on Use Case guidelines and to GPTCrush.com so people don’t accidentally make an app that others have made.

Let’s encourage NEW things with your cool code!

2 Likes

I believe before you jump into how to code, you need to understand what you are coding. Most of the newbie questions I have seen on this board are not coding questions, they are procedure questions.

Here are two great tutorials on the Chat Completion Process.

I used these as my guide to building my AI app in a language that has yet to be mentioned here: PHP.

It seems that recently old topics are being bumped by the system

Before replying consider if this old reply really needs to be revived. If not then flag it and note for Something else that it was bumped by system. If the moderators agree we will most likely close the topic.