OpenAI needs to make GPT names unique

Man…a couple months ago, I created a cool GPT called “Python Prodigy”. There are now 15-20 GPT’s with the SAME NAME…

Kind of difficult to differentiate ones GPT’s when anyone can clone the name…

Maybe I wasn’t the first. But if I was, I’d appreciate if OpenAI would notify others that they need to make changes to the name.

5 Likes

Seeing the same here. I reported one of them from that directory website that’s been mentioned here with 3,000+ GPTs of their own…

1 Like

Kind of a blatant oversight in planning for this GPT store…I’m VERY curious how much of the GPT Store dev was AI-developed…

1 Like

The rollout of all of this is just silly at this point. Basic things like this being overlooked is beyond absurd.

It makes me wonder what they’re really trying to accomplish with this store.

What they are achieving is that more people get on board the development boat, of course the cucpo is not free, you have to pay, the promise in the air is that at some point we can earn some money. Now, we can only wait for the competition to do its thing and this will take shape little by little, for now we pay to be part of the crew with medium term promises, but not all rowers will withstand the onslaught of the shaking that comes later.