GPT Store: A Triumph or a Challenge?

The official launch of the GPT Store has been announced, boasting an astonishing array of over 300,000 different GPTs.

Is 300,000 a mark of remarkable achievement or a figure of failure?

From an internal KPI perspective, this number is indeed impressive. However, from an external viewpoint, for both developers and users, it seems more like a catastrophe.

Indeed, for humans, choosing between two options is already complex enough, let alone facing 300,000 alternatives. For developers, emerging victorious from a sea of 300,000 competitors is no small feat. In essence, to avoid being trampled in this crowd, it might be wiser to stay away.

The shortest path often turns out to be the longest journey. What seems logical at first might be fraught with pitfalls.

Simply applying the logic of mobile internet to AI doesn’t cut it, not even for OpenAI.

We need better approaches. The opportunity may lie in the hands of OpenAI, or perhaps with others.

I believe the product managers at OpenAI are intelligent individuals, and I’m not here to tell them how to do their jobs.

Still, I have a feeling that GPT possesses vitality, but just like ChatGPT is not merely an app, it’s an entity. The way we access GPT shouldn’t just be through a Store; it too is an entity.

Users don’t want to search for GPTs; they want to engage in conversation, not search.

Developers are looking for more than just prompt engineering; they desire to harness the capabilities of ChatGPT.

In conclusion, I trust that OpenAI will find the right way to integrate these needs!