OpenAI Fraud, yet unresponsive help

Please watch out for OpenAI’s credit card charges.
OpenAI has charged my account in excess of US$8,000 over the past few months, even though my account was terminated?
I have tried to reach out to them by support chat and DHL hard copy letter.
Yet no one in the OpenAI team seem to bother to respond after more than a week of chasing.

1 Like

OpenAI is protected by their Policy even if you’re in the right one. Read their updated policy from January 2024. They put all the burden on their customers and even paying customers must “adhere to” their usage policy. Since they’re the market leader right now, they have lots of leeways to implement whatever they like.

1 Like

there might be something wrong with your account on OpenAI’s end. I suggest you reach out to them at help.openai.com as soon as possible. We can’t really help with account and billing-related issues here on the forum. :confused:

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.
My comments are not asking for help, but to make users aware of the risk if openai have their credit card details.
My account was deleted, yet openais has been debiting more than US$8000 over the past few months. It is probably a mistake on their end but help.openai.com just doesn’t work, can’t get the attention of a human…
So my recommendation to the users that have a paid subscription, is to be diligent on checking the payments regularly. The only way to stop the activity is to cancel the card as deleting openai account doesn’t seem to be sufficient…

1 Like