openai.error.RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details

I’m trying to have a play with ChatGPT and get it so that I can ask some questions and the responses will go into a word document. It’s probably easy but just as a starting point I just want to connect and ask a single question like ‘what is the capital of Germany?’

Unfortunately when I try and run it, I keep getting the message “openai.error.RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.” As far as I’m aware I’m on a free plan and am not asking for anything complicated. I’ve had a look at the dashboard and I’ve not used anything.

Assume there’s something obvious that I’m not doing or seeing, but not sure what to do now?

3 Likes

I’m on the paid plan and this same thing I’m running into. Below is my error message.

RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Could you find the reason for that please,?
I’m trying something with langchain using opan ai in jupyter notebook and I faced the same error:
RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

1 Like

Same error here. I even tried to upgrade but still see this error. Please advise hot to remove this limit.

1 Like

Did you solve it?
I am facing the same error in implementing OPENAI in my project

after upgrading and closing out of my terminal instance, and refreshing my account a fwe times it seems to have resolved. I don’t know which part of that process fixed it though.