Issue with Code Generation Interruptions in ChatGPT-4

Dear OpenAI Support Team,

I am writing to report a recurring issue I’ve encountered while using ChatGPT-4 for generating code. The model seems to consistently face interruptions during the code generation process. This issue significantly affects the usability of the tool for programming-related tasks.

Each time I attempt to generate code, whether it’s simple or complex, the session gets interrupted unexpectedly. This not only disrupts the workflow but also leads to a loss of data, which can be quite frustrating.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this matter and provide a solution or update that could help mitigate this problem. Your assistance in resolving this would greatly enhance my experience and, I believe, that of other users facing similar issues.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

7 Likes

+1

Same issues - code boxes are empty or filled with garbage characters.

2 Likes

+1

I have the same issue. It stops mid code and sometimes starts to repeat itself.

4 Likes

+1
I’ve noted the same issue with code generation

2 Likes

+1 with vue 3- react and backend seem fine

3 Likes

+1

Same issue here. Reply stops mid-code and keeps repeating itself

2 Likes

+1
it seems that the problem occured recently.

1 Like

I’ve the same issue since yesterday. Using ChatGPT4

1 Like

Exactly the issue i have been facing for the past two days.

1 Like

It seems only happend to marking languages, scripts seems ok

1 Like

Same issue here. When will it be fixed?

1 Like

We do not know. OpenAI team does not see this problem…

1 Like

I have the same issue, it’s frustrating because I can’t use it anymore.

1 Like

The same for me.

Additionally a lot of “Network errors”.

1 Like

Same issue for me too. Thought it might be memory feature related or v4 vs v3.5 issue. Disabling memory or moving to v3.5 didn’t help.

1 Like

+1
Happends whenever it tries to write code. It manages to write a class signature, then freezes. I have tried a few different programming languages, and the problem is universal.

Same problem. Freezes constantly when writing code. Didn’t start happening until the last few days.

Usually reports “network error” although my own internet connection is fine.

+1
same problem.

Same issue here, it’s annoying. Llama-3 is a great alternative for now, but sadly not as good as GPT-4.

1 Like

same exact issues heere for last 3 days. i tried resetting conversation history, different browsers nothing helps. i had to move to gemini to generate code until this issue is resolved.

1 Like