C# Lists resulting in network error?

I have this issue that seems to be specifically tied to C# lists. Not sure why, but I often get network errors when trying to generate anything with a list it just stops.

this has been happening for a couple days. not sure why?

11 Likes

Not just C#, issue exists with Java Lists too.

2 Likes

This seems to be happening in all programming languages and not just lists? It cuts off in C#, JavaScript, etc…

3 Likes

I have the same issues when trying to code in cpp, it just stops in the middle of the code and cant continue. Hopefully they will resolve this asap

2 Likes

It happens accross all programming languages. It’s been two days, and OpenAI not even aknowledging it.

4 Likes

This is not replicating on mine. The status indicates that everything is working fine, but today ChatGPT seems to be running very slow. This could be due to changes or maintenance issues, as there have been consistent incidents reported over the last 2-3 days.

You can check for updates on the status page: https://status.openai.com/

3 Likes

This has been happening to me too. It is awful. Two days.

3 Likes

Multiple posts on subreddits, I have over 50 comments on my post with 1k views that confirms this is a global issue. Status is known to show “All good” when in reality multiple times it wasn’t.

4 Likes

Many people have posted about this issue in Twitter, and I’ve seen over 100 comments on my own post which had 2000 views, confirming that this is a widespread problem. Despite the status page often indicating everything is functioning normally, there have been several instances where this clearly wasn’t the case.

3 Likes

Yeah it seldom happens, but most of the time refreshing it solves the problem.

2 Likes

Over the last two days, the performance has been painfully slow, and it fails to provide a script when it involves any lists (tested on C# and Java). The script and responses are getting mixed up, and the formatting is all wrong. I have also been hitting the usage cap more often in the past week. Overall, this has become useless to the point that I decided to stop using it for any development work at this stage, even though I am using a Plus subscription.

1 Like

I get the same problem with anything relevant to C# using either a < or > sign. I’m trying to program a video game in Unity, but it’s making life significantly slower

1 Like

Altough not a solution, I managed a workaround by asking chatgpt to use arrays instead of lists (i think it’s the generic version that lake it to fail)

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing the same problem. I thought it had something to do with ILogger in .NET that caused the it, because I was able to tell the bot to write KLogger instead and it worked fine.
Now, since a day back, I can’t get any code out. Makes me painfully aware of my dependency to GPT.

1 Like

Yeah, after looking at my history it does appear that < or > seems to be where it breaks more often than not, but it isn’t always the case. Very annoying because when it works it works so well and no other AI is even close. I really hope this is resolved.

1 Like

To deal with it, i can just let gpt generate the part that not include “list”, and i must connect them together, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I desperately hope they fix it… Although it didn’t always give me the answer I seek until after I yell and get angry at it or sometimes even sad, it would always give me trigger points to start thinking from, which would eventually get me the solution I need

The nightmares I see just because I’m developing a severely complex algorithm, that is more prone to errors than anything else…

1 Like

Refreshing does not fix it for me sadly :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

2 Likes

Good news, when i trest many output of gpt, i found that there are some problem with"<“, this explain why List<>,Set<>,andin html will cause network error.
TO FIX IT , you can just ask gpt to use another symbol to replace”<".
HOPE THIS CAN HEIP YOU :grinning:
e.g.:

5 Likes