Improving OpenAI Documentation for Better Understanding and Accessibility

Dear OpenAI Community,

First and foremost, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all the individuals behind the OpenAI project for their dedication and hard work in advancing artificial intelligence technology. Your efforts are truly appreciated by many, including myself.

As a beginner programmer, I’ve encountered some challenges in understanding the workflow using APIs due to the lack of detailed documentation provided by OpenAI (imho). While the documentation offers valuable insights, it would greatly benefit from more comprehensive explanations and step-by-step guides, especially for those who are just starting their journey in programming.

Furthermore, it’s important to recognize that English may not be the native language for everyone in the OpenAI community. This language barrier can further exacerbate the difficulties faced in comprehending the documentation and accessing the wealth of knowledge shared within the community.

The high frequency of Topics in the OpenAI community, averaging almost 10+ every 15 minutes, suggests a need for clearer documentation. Many users, myself included, often find themselves seeking clarification or assistance due to the lack of clear instructions or examples provided

Therefore, I would like to propose that OpenAI invest additional resources into improving the documentation to make it more beginner-friendly and accessible to users from diverse linguistic backgrounds. By doing so, we can foster a more inclusive and supportive community where members can easily navigate and leverage the vast capabilities of OpenAI’s technology.

Once again, I express my sincere appreciation for the incredible work done by the OpenAI team and the valuable contributions made by the community members.

Thank you.

1 Like

(summarized by AI: OpenAI documentation needs improvement for beginner programmers and diverse linguistic users.)

fact check:

# Total events in 7 days
total_events = 549

# Total minutes in 7 days
minutes_in_7_days = 7 * 24 * 60  # days * hours/day * minutes/hour

# Rate per minute
rate_per_minute = total_events / minutes_in_7_days

# Rate per 15 minutes
rate_per_15_minutes = rate_per_minute * 15

print(rate_per_15_minutes)

2 Likes