URGENT: Improving OpenAI's Communication with Users

Building Trust and Creating a Positive Experience for Everyone Involved

Continuing the discussion from The Infinite Loop: How ChatGPT's Latest Update Is Consuming My Time

Both paying customers and others should have fair expectations

It’s frustrating to see the lack of communication from OpenAI with their users, both on a personal and community level. It seems like there’s no way to get in touch with them, whether it’s through emails, the forum, or their Discord server. As a paying customer, it’s difficult to understand why OpenAI is not making more of an effort to address our concerns.

While we understand that OpenAI is likely receiving a high volume of requests and inquiries, it’s unacceptable that there’s no system in place to provide timely support to users. This lack of communication leaves users feeling ignored, frustrated, and helpless when trying to resolve issues.

It’s disheartening to see paying customers cancel their subscriptions due to the lack of support and communication from OpenAI. It’s clear that OpenAI needs to take steps to address this issue, whether it’s hiring more support staff or improving their communication strategy.

Put back the Open in OpenAI

I think I can talk for myself and many others when I say that we hope OpenAI takes our frustrations and concerns seriously and works towards improving their communication with their users. By doing so, they can build trust and create a more positive experience for everyone involved. They might have trade secrets that they must keep closer to their chest but for the rest they are named OpenAI for a reason they should be more open about everything that is not a trade secret (secret sauce) for anything else they should be fair and open about their processes and put more efforts in their communications skills.

3 Likes

My overall sentiment has been improving a lot since March. The recent addition of the Custom Instruction Set has had a huge impact on my overall satisfaction, and I must admit that I am happy with my overall experience.

Recently, the UX/UI of my user experience with the user interface has been improving ever so slightly, moving slowly in the right direction.

The overall satisfaction is indeed making me feel happy and less frustrated. However, I still have the impression that the communication is not proactive enough. I do not want to complain about anything because of how much satisfied I am overall, but I think it would be beneficial for OpenAI to ensure they put back the Open in OpenAI.

It is important for me to remind anyone reading this message that regardless of what falls under safety or competitive advantage, which are both acceptable reasons to be more careful or secretive than before, there are many other aspects of communication that could be explored.

Many things, in my opinion, are not related to safety or the fact that OpenAI must keep some of its information private due to evolving in a competitive ecosystem. I would love to feel like OpenAI wants to be more inclusive and capable of communicating even more with all stakeholders.

I hope they will never have the impression that enough has been done and that they will strive to be more accessible (which is an entirely different topic altogether) and include the concept of communication even more in their DNA while still embodying the concept of Openness.

Regardless of what cannot be as open as everyone would like, I think that everything else should be more Open. OpenAI can decide what they prefer to keep for themselves as much as they like, and I will respect that. But I will argue that anything else should be more open and more accessible in every sense of the term.

4 Likes