General Feedback on the openAI website and functionality

Hi,
I wanted to share my feedback regarding the website structure of the forum. I found the website structure to be confusing and not very user-friendly. It was difficult for me to navigate and find the information I was looking for maybe there is just too much on offer to structure it in a simple way, there are sub pages within sub pages.

However, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with ChatGPT and how well it functions. The language model is incredibly intelligent and capable of generating high-quality responses to a wide range of prompts. It is an excellent tool for generating creative ideas, answering questions, and even for entertainment.

On the other hand, I was not very impressed with the Playground for coding as it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive to use. In particular, the JavaScript sandbox is in a completely different place, and it doesn’t seem to work correctly, only producing the first code comment and no actual code. While the capabilities of the coding playground are very high and were clearly created by very intelligent people, it is still in a traditional coder’s style of GUI. I suggest improving the coding playground by incorporating a visual block/node based GUI similar to the simplicity of LEGO. This would make it easy to use, even for a child, lock a child in a room with LEGO and even if they have never senn it before they’ll work it out within no time.
Perhaps AI could assist with this. The interface needs to be abstract in its simplicity to make it more accessible to beginners and intuitive for the experienced.

Overall, I appreciate the hard work that the OpenAI Forum Team has put into creating such an impressive language model. I hope that you will consider my suggestions for improving the site and its features, making it more user-friendly and accessible for all. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to advancing AI technology.

(ChatGPT helped write this)

2 Likes