I'm getting error gpt-4-0613 does not exist. I'm confused

I’m getting error gpt-4-0613 does not exist. Does it exist or does it not?

Exception(‘OpenAI API call failed: The model: gpt-4-0613 does not exist’)

1 Like

You need to be approved for GPT-4 access. Have you received a notification from OpenAI that you have access? Otherwise you need to apply to waitlist (and likely wait several weeks).

3 Likes

been waiting for months, Goodluck!

Does the model gpt-4-0613 publicly available now?

Welcome to the forum!

If you have paid, from your registered payment method, one or more bills for the OpenAI API calls you have made, then you should have GPT-4 API access, if you have not, you will get it by the end of the month, please note that this does not include paying for ChatGPT Plus.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @nerginer!

I suggest reading the new update from openai talking about general availability of gpt-4 api access, it was posted 2 days ago and it is the latest on the topic.

I have the same issue. It says that we should have had access by July 7 (I sent a receipt and invoice showing a successful payment in May), but it seems that is not actually correct for many people.

Today all existing API developers with a history of successful payments can access the GPT-4 API with 8K context. We plan to open up access to new developers by the end of this month, and then start raising rate-limits after that depending on compute availability.

1 Like

Hey @jgalvin we should have been more precise in that wording, it’s all devs who have spent more than $1. I checked your account and it looks like that is the reason you were not granted access yet. Sorry for the confusion, I will have the team update the blog post to make it more clear.

1 Like

Hey! I paid $7 and I dont have access to GPT 4? Please help me.

Hi @logankilpatrick I have the same issue. Could you please provide more details about the statement ‘it’s all devs who have spent more than $1.’? My account belongs to an organization, does this mean that the organization payment of more than $1 is not sufficient and that the usage per member must exceed $1?

Hi @logankilpatrick, thanks for helping everyone with this. I am also having the same issue - we had an invoice clear for over $1 dated June 30, but still get the “does not exist” error for gpt-4 and its compatriots. Could you provide a little more information on what next steps we can take to get GPT-4 unlocked? Thank you!

Hi, @logankilpatrick , I have the same issue.
My account has already been charged around 50 dollars, but I still can’t use GPT-4.
Thank you!

I have the same issue for my account, and I don’t have any models for gpt4, I already paid bills twice!

@logankilpatrick
Hi! I also struggle with this issue and unfortunately have to finish my project till August and can’t wait till August to receive OpenAI 4 model allowance. How can we speed up this process(everything is connected already)

I paid over $7 on August 1. However, I still got the error of “The model gpt-4 does not exist or you do not have access to it. Learn more: How can I access GPT-4? | OpenAI Help Center”. Can you help me out?

Same issue here, I have already been billed for API usage but I don’t have access yet to gpt-4 yet. @logankilpatrick please help!

Same issue here. I am getting the error:
Error: Request failed with status code 404

Is there a way to get a list of the models our account have access to?

It looks like I have not paid > $1 and have only paid $0.42. $1 is a way off as still testing is there a way to deposit credit to get over $1?

@logankilpatrick Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

Error 404 is page not found, this would tend to indicate you are attempting to reach the wrong website or endpoint.

There is no mechanism I am aware of that will allow you to credit to your account to archive a bill of $1, also the $1 bill announcement was for developers who generated an API bill of more than $1 prior to July 6th, after that date if will not make any difference. New developers are being added as capacity and load permits.

Thanks for the response.
Ok I guess I’ll just wait and keep checking the playground to see if I have gpt-4 yet.

My api call works currently with gpt-3.5-0613 but as soon as I change it to gpt-4-0613 I get a 404.

If you setup your account with a mobile phone you can create a second account that is linked to that same phone number. When you setup a new account now you will have an option in Billing to start pre-payment. Here you can pre-pay $5 or more.

Having said that, while this theoretically means you should then get gpt-4 API access, this does not seem to happen automatically after a pre-payment amount has been added to the account.