I have genertaed openai api keys in the free account. But these keys are not working. I got this error

I created an api_key at platform.openai.key. I now its free for the first 3 months upto some limit. But u can see that i am getting this. Why?

Retrying langchain.chat_models.openai.ChatOpenAI.completion_with_retry.._completion_with_retry in 8.0 seconds as it raised RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details. For more information on this error, read the docs: https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/error-codes/api-errors

Welcome to the community!

If you look on the right hand side, it says your 5 bucks have expired :frowning:

so the issue is that you have no credits on your account :frowning:

1 Like

I created a new account, don’t we get free credits on new account?.

At first people were given $18 to try it out. Then it was changed to $5. Now it is $0. While I can’t say for certain, it’s likely due to stop bad actors from signing up for multiple accounts to get free usage.

ChatGPT is free now, if you don’t want to pay.

how can i get now free api?

It starts counting from the day you register the ChatGPT accout, not the API account.You can see you received the free credit in July 11, 2023, that’s why it had expired.