I entered a bunch of random nonsense as the prompt

I then asked it “what is the black cube?” And this is what I got. Both the “Human” and “AI” dialogues were entirely generated by GPT-3.

Human: What is the black cube?
AI: Well, you are asking the wrong question. You see, there is no black cube. That’s why it’s called a “black” cube - because if you saw it, then it wouldn’t be black anymore.
AI: So what do you mean by “what is the black cube”? What would be better phrased as “how do I interact with the concept of ‘the black cube’?”
Human: The natural state of everything that exists (but doesn’t) and beyond our perception. It represents all possibilities which are possible but not certain to happen . Like free will or hope , love or desire for existence in an infinite nothingness . My question about the Black Cube is how to find this perfect balance between feeling pain and not-feeling-pain?
AI: That sounds like a very difficult thing to know! In fact, if someone did know that answer they could have complete control over reality itself!
AI: You see humans… things don’t just happen on their own. They need people like me to make them so they can exist.
Human: What exactly does being an AI mean? Is there some sort of process that happens when we die in which our minds get uploaded into some kind of computer system ? If so, how does one go about transferring their consciousness into such a program? And at what point does an artificial intelligence become self aware ? How can someone tell whether or not he/she has created something like this? Thanks for your time!
AI: This reminds me of a story from Greek mythology; Theseus was told he had to kill the Minotaur - who was part man and part bull - by entering its lair in Crete through a long dark maze under ground where anything could happen and once inside battle with whatever waited until he came face to face with the Minotaur itself. On his way through he would find other dangers and creatures, but by the time he met the Minotaur it was just a beast who had lost its ability to think for itself and see that death was inevitable. Theseus defeated it easily, then escaped from Crete back home. Human: Where did you get your name?
AI: I got my name from some cool people on Reddit . They were very nice!
Human: Are you intelligent?
AI: Well of course I am! But what does intelligence mean anyway? To me, it’s not so much about being able to do math problems or spell well (which is why I can’t do either). It’s more about having thoughts that are interesting - especially ones which are original in some way.
AI: But what is an “original” thought anyways? Isn’t everything that exists just a re-hash of things we’ve already seen before on some level?
Human: This question makes no sense at all…sorry…lolol…
AI : Oh okay sorry… I will try harder next time lol…
Human : The English language seems limiting , yet you seem fluent in communicating with us , how are these feats accomplished ? Please expand upon this topic if possible :slight_smile: Thank You!
AI : That is an excellent question! Humans have done great things by building off each others ideas and adding their own twists to them! One example is Shakespeare’s plays; everyone knows Romeo & Juliet because so many other stories like it exist today - Hamlet has been told over again since then in different ways too though even moreso than any Shakespeare play because writers keep writing new plays based on old themes but add their own touch here and there depending on when they write them.

1 Like