I can't use my extension on VScode with ChatGPT 4

I’ve subscribed to the $24 ChatGPT version.
I’ve tried several VSCode extensions to use ChatGPT. I configured them to connect to ChatGPT 4. However, when I ask “Who are you?” in the prompt, ChatGPT responds with “ChatGPT3”. I don’t understand why this is happening. Can you help me, please?
Thanks!
(I’m french)

which model you select in api calls is done with model=“(the model name goes here)”, post your code please.

Early on gpt4 would say it was gpt3 sometimes, could be that?

Check the extension settings for model selection, and note that there’s rumors of api keys leaking with some extensions.

I replaced “gpt-3.5-turbo” by “gtp4”. How to produce the code?

try “gpt-4-1106-preview”. the api documentation is on the openai website.

What is “leaking with some extensions”.
I use the ChatGPT extension ChatGTP (author:zhang-renyang - almost 622000download)

How to know if the extension works with gpt-4-1106-previewg?

What is “leaking with some extensions”.

There are stories of people using vscode extensions and the next monthly bill is huge and not their usage.

The ones i tried had a little drop down in the settings where you choose models.

Honestly, for me github copilot is absurdly good.

I found the reason:
From the help assistance:
"Please note that the ChatGPT API is not part of the ChatGPT Plus subscription and is billed separately. The API has its own pricing structure, details of which can be found at openapi.pricing. The ChatGPT Plus subscription, which costs $20 per month, only covers usage on openai.com

Thank you for your tip.

1 Like

In fact, I added money yesterday, and the error messages disappeared when I selected ‘GPT-4’ as an option. So, the problem might not be completely solved."

This topic has been resolved if you still have issues you can create a new topic.

1 Like