How to upgrade the API to version 4.0

I am a $20 subscription user and have also bound payment in the API interface. Now I want to access the API 4.0 model. What should I do?

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

The $20/mo subscription to ChatGPT Plus has no effect on the API, you can use the API right away via the playground here API Playground and you can find the documentation regarding the API here API Documentaion

(Note to use the API more than a few times per hour, you will need to load a minimum of $5 credit via a credit or debit card)

1 Like

I have bound payment to the API, but it’s still not working.

The key point of the issue is that I have already been charged $5.

Hi, What is the error message you get in the playground?

Have you topped up $5 or is the $5 the temporary charge done to check the bank account has money in it?

I was charged $5 at the time of binding, and I still have a balance in my account.

Ok, that is a temporary charge, it will be returned to your account in a few days, you need to top up now with $5 minimum.

I’m not sure about that,What should I do?

If you’d like to continue your API usage, you can return to the billing portal and use the “Add to balance” button to purchase additional credits.

My current payment plan is “Pay as you go You’ll be billed at the end of each calendar month for usage during that month.”What should I do

You’ll need to reach out to the account help section, please use the Help Centre. In the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.