How to contact Customer Service about billing (no reply for a full week)

Hello,

I know the theory, for API billing issues you send an email to ar@openai.com or use the help chat icon on the bottom right to connect with someone. However, I have been trying to get help for a week and my message on the chat window appears “5 days ago. Not seen yet”, and the email I sent 7 days ago remains unanswered. Is this normal? Am I doing anything wrong? I need help with the billing to get a refund from my organization and it seems like I hit a wall with OpenAI.

Welcome to the community forums!

Unfortunately, yes. You’re not doing anything wrong, it just takes forever :confused:

Thank you, Diet (I prefer Zero)

That’s disappointing and frustrating. But I do appreciate at least knowing!

Could you, or anyone else, give me any kind of estimate of how long it takes to get a response based on your experience? Days? Weeks? Months? I’m just wondering if sitting and waiting is the solution in my particular case or if I should count with no response and just figure it out.

I’ve personally never had to engage OpenAI’s customer service, I just know from people complaining in this forum that it can take several weeks, and then you might get a response that’s been written by chatgpt.

If you need a refund, then waiting is probably the best option. They’ll probably get around to it eventually, but it might take a month. or longer. Hard to say :confused:

If it wasn’t a lot of money at stake I would probably write it off and be happily surprised if they do come around to refunding it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the insight! I was requesting an edited invoice (that lists my name, not my organization name) for refund purposes. Getting a refund and re-doing it is an option, since now I know I should have edited that in billing preferences, but I would rather not wait. I’ll make it work.

Thanks again!

1 Like