How do I change my profile picture to show on ChatGPT?

I have already changed it for the community profile but it is not working to change it in ChaGPT, how can I do it? I have seen that it can be done because there are others who have it changed when they use the tool.

Help me please I’ve searched everywhere and I can’t find where to change it :cry:

7 Likes

ChatGPT uses Gravatar photos to show profile photos in the app. To add a profile photo using Gravatar, you will first need to create a Gravatar account and upload a photo to use as your profile picture. Once you have an account you can add email addresses and add photos. Make sure to select a profile photo for your OpenAI account Email Address.

7 Likes

Thanks for answering :slight_smile:
Do you know if it takes time to load? I have tried it and the image still doesn’t appear in ChatGPT

1 Like

In the end it works! I just had to wait. Thanks again for the help! :hugs:

2 Likes

Glad that works for you. Sorry for being late to answer your second question.
If anyone has the same issue with not updating their profile image, I suggest trying to log out and logging back again to OpenAI. I didn’t test it out but it might work.

1 Like

could you please give some detail steps? after create a Gravatar account and upload a photo to use as your profile picture. the how to link to your OpenAI account Email Address.?

2 Likes

How long have you waited for the change to be done on the ChatGPT Website?

It is not working an even logout aand login a lot of time it still didn’t work but it work in openai website.
PLS HELP

This may help

2 Likes

Oh this is so cool, works for me! thanks
:woozy_face:

Yes, it works! But it took a good while. There’s a guide on how to change it:

1 Like

I have a Google account, not a typed-in email. It doesn’t work.

1 Like

you can try this chrome extension to change avatar immediatly: ChatGPT Avatar Replacer - Chrome Web Store

thanks, finally i can chill and not have to worry about the gravatar not loading in chatgpt :slight_smile:

i have a issue, profile pictures appears on mobile browsers but not on desktop browsers.
Can anybody help?

How long does it take for the change to occur? I recently made a forums account just to change my icon as I’m tired of seeing the little bland one every time.