Hello, how can I access gpt-4 api?

Hello everyone, I’m interested in leveraging the capabilities of GPT-4 for a project I’m working on. I’ve read about its advanced features and improvements over previous versions, and I’m eager to integrate it into my application. However, I’m not entirely sure about the steps involved in accessing the GPT-4 API. Could someone please guide me through the process of obtaining access? Specifically, I’d like to know how to get an API key, what the rate limits are, and if there are any SDKs or client libraries that simplify the interaction with the API. Additionally, are there any example code snippets or documentation that you would recommend for someone who is new to using OpenAI’s API services? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the Developer Forum!

You can find the OpenAI documentation here : OpenAI Platform and there are a great many Youtube videos covering the usage of the API.

To obtain a GPT-4 API key you simply need to sign up to the OpenAI site (see above) and add $5 credit to your new account, if you have an existing account then you need to generate an API bill of at least $1 and on the next billing cycle you should gain access, so for now the new account a $5 credit is the simplest and quickest way.

Hi @Foxalabs , thank you for your quick reply.
Actually, I am already sign-in and also added my credit card info, but I am not sure where I can add $5 credit. This is what i am seeing at the moment

Could you please point me to the right direction on where I could add $5 credit or where can I generate the $1 API bill

If your account is already in “pay as you go” mode, you should remove your current payment method entirely and then you will have the prepay credit account, note that you will loose any already allocated usage limit increases if you do this, so you may wish to create a new account with a new email address (assuming you have not already done this) and that account should be of the correct prepayment type.

Thanks @Foxalabs , I tried removing my credit card in Payment Methos page, but I can’t seem to find a way to remove it :frowning:

I see what you mean, that may have been correct, it was something you could do in the past.

Then the other option of creating a new account will be the best way.