Emergency :All Microsoft-oauth accounts failed to login ChatGPT or OpenAI!

An hour ago, I found out that all accounts I registered with Microsoft authorization in 2024 could not log in to chatgpt.

The login error as follows:

authentication error
An error occurred during verification. Please try again.
If you see this error repeatedly, you can contact us through our help center at help.openai.com Please include the request ID below in the message.

token_exchange_failed reques ID:0fbb23fe-2215-436c-b4b6-2d96ec4c115d

I found that many people have the same problem, and the root cause of the problem is Microsoft-oauth

Accounts of google-oauth can log in normally

I am having the same issue, tried different Microsoft accounts. All are having the same issue. Please fix it asap. Can’t login to check my token usage.

same problem here:

token_exchange_failed requests ID: c90a32f2-2983-41a7-b458-607819d00be4

Experiencing the same issue when I try to log in using my microsoft account…

Same here with a microsoft email address (@live.nl), I just got a subscription yesterday and now cannot login!

It redirects me to Microsoft OAuth, even though when signing up, I signed up using only the email address.

Maybe today/yesterday they added Microsoft OAuth, which broke all existing accounts that use a MS email.

I’m experiencing the same problem. My microsoft account is the one with the Plus subscription and I can’t access it since yesterday evening. Is there any news/workarounds to solve the problem?

I’m having the same issue with my Microsoft account (@outlook.com). Which is also the account where I have my Plus subscription. Here is the error message I got:

error_code: token_exchange_failed
request_id: 4cb07610-bcaa-420b-99e9-05e3bd91809b

Do you have any solutions? I’m having the same problem with my Microsoft account. I’ve tried using Google, but that doesn’t let me in either. I have a Plus account and haven’t been able to log in since this morning in Italy: error_code: token_exchange_failed request_id: ec462b5d-be9e-4fa2-bd1a-cc9c1864a295. Add that my problem is just on web browser, I’ve access only by smartphone at the moment,

Same. error_code: token_exchange_failed request_id: 4de0eb8f-672f-4b4d-8ce4-40fc9944917d

Hi and thank you for raising this issue.
The team is actively investigating.
Fingers crossed it will be resolved soon!

I also encountered a login issue. The error code is: token_exchange_failed, and the request ID is: 149e6c60-2e64-437d-a82f-0a383e7d82ef.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue and for sharing the relevant error details.

OpenAI team is actively investigating this incident as a priority and is working to restore access as quickly as possible.

You can follow the latest updates on our incident page here:

2 Likes

I have been unable to login to my hotmail linked account until recently. It made me verify through whatsapp/phone which is new and then allowed me login where I can see all of my chats

HOWEVER, my account has been reverted to a FREE account when I’m paying £89 a month. I can see my payment history but my paid tier is no longer on my account and I can’t use my allowance!

The log-in issue should be resolved now.
Please follow-up here if you are still encountering unexpected issues.

@VeitB There doesn’t seem to be a way to follow up on that link - however it has not been fully recovered.

My account has been reverted to a FREE account when I have a PAID subscription

I can confirm that the team is aware of an issue with some subscriptions and is currently looking into this as well.

Not solved here. My subscription is on my personal Microsoft account. It now says my account is deleted. And they pretend it’s solved.

@VeitB I got the email to re-register and my code to resubscribe - I am on Pro Lite. I did so, opened Codex and it said my weekly limit was only at 85%. Used it only for a few Codex prompts and suddenly now showing my entire monthly limit is gone - 0% left resetting on 5 July.

Exited Codex and opened again - it made me log in all over again, and now shows my weekly limit again back at 83%. Very odd - but even so, when giving a prompt I just get:

■ You’ve hit your usage limit. To continue using Codex and get access to GPT-5.3-Codex, start a free trial of Plus today, or try again at Jul 5th, 2026 10:49 PM.

╭─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
│ >_ OpenAI Codex (v0.137.0) │
│ │
│ Visit for up-to-date │
│ information on rate limits and credits │
│ │
│ Model: gpt-5.5 (reasoning high, summaries auto) │
│ Directory: C:\dev\ │
│ Permissions: Full Access │
│ Agents.md: AGENTS.md │
│ Account: XXX @ hotmail .com (Pro Lite) │
│ Collaboration mode: Default │
│ Session: 019e99ce-a9aa-7b01-a19b-bcc5decae438 │
│ │
│ 5h limit: [█████████████████░░░] 83% left (resets 03:10 on 6 Jun) │
│ Weekly limit: [█████████████████░░░] 83% left (resets 07:14 on 11 Jun) │
│ GPT-5.3-Codex-Spark limit: │
│ 5h limit: [████████████████████] 100% left (resets 04:04 on 6 Jun) │
│ Weekly limit: [████████████████████] 100% left (resets 23:04 on 12 Jun) │
│ premium limit: │
╰─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯

› anything

■ You’ve hit your usage limit. To continue using Codex and get access to GPT-5.3-Codex, start a free trial of Plus today), or try again at Jul 5th, 2026 10:49 PM.

/status

╭─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
│ >_ OpenAI Codex (v0.137.0) │
│ │
│ Visit for up-to-date │
│ information on rate limits and credits │
│ │
│ Model: gpt-5.5 (reasoning high, summaries auto) │
│ Directory: C:\dev\ │
│ Permissions: Full Access │
│ Agents.md: AGENTS.md │
│ Account: XXXXX @ hotmail .com (Pro Lite) │
│ Collaboration mode: Default │
│ Session: 019e99ce-a9aa-7b01-a19b-bcc5decae438 │
│ │
│ 5h limit: [█████████████████░░░] 83% left (resets 03:10 on 6 Jun) │
│ Weekly limit: [█████████████████░░░] 83% left (resets 07:14 on 11 Jun) │
│ GPT-5.3-Codex-Spark limit: │
│ 5h limit: [████████████████████] 100% left (resets 04:04 on 6 Jun) │
│ Weekly limit: [████████████████████] 100% left (resets 23:04 on 12 Jun) │
│ premium limit: │
╰─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯

I can oauth but cannot access my gpt plus subscription anymore via browser. It says I’m on free account, but I have gpt plus subscription tied to my microsoft account. The login with microsoft option is missing. If I enter my email, it signs in but says free plan. what the heck is going on??