Elevated error rates for APIs, ChatGPT and Sora - June 10th, 2025

+1 here, today it’s been a nightmare.

Getting the “hmm” error. 8:04am EST (Miami, Florida).

Given the officially reported elevated error rates and outdated timestamps on the status page, I suggest logging our locations and the API status (functional or not) to determine if the issue is global or regional. I’m in Quebec, Canada. StatusGator can also be used for real-time monitoring of OpenAI’s status (Note: This is as of 08:06 AM EDT, June 10, 2025.)

edited my post to reflect city/state to piggy back

I am facing the same issue. I can get one message across. When i try to send the second response it gives me an error.

“Too many concurrent requests” for simple requests - 3 hours and counting

Why should we be surprised if some idiot thought of making things like echo or mirror mandatory and not adding an off button?

Yes, it’s annoying. But it is what it is. Let’s be patient and give the technical team the time they need. They’ll fix it.
In the meantime, let’s remember the wealth of our capabilities and possibilities before ChatGPT entered our lives.

We can inform each other here, and we do. Meanwhile, the guys solve the problem.

There is also an update on the app store forgot to mention that.
It may not show up for you until you navigate to the app page in app store.
After update go to the app and at the bottom left click your icon/name and restore purchases
Should be fine. Fixed for me

same thing here, all by the sudden.

Read the post above this one
I solved the grand mystery

Same problem with ChatGPT , we can only wait until they fix the priblems , which will take time.

There is also an update on the app store forgot to mention that.
It may not show up for you until you navigate to the app page in app store.
After update go to the app and at the bottom left click your icon/name and restore purchases
Should be fine. Fixed for me

UK, Manchester. Issue for the past two and a half hours at least

Won’t sort if you’re on desktop bud!

When a ask to generated an image i always have a message: Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong. If i put a image i also have : Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong. Same thing with my phone i takes like a long time and then crash. Even with the plus version

Yeah, over on ChatGPT status page, there is like, Three separate Errors they are trying to fix.

I’d like to report a semi-serious issue related to this current outage. ChatGPT hasn’t worked for me either for the past 3-4 hours. However, I went back to check if it would be back online just a moment ago and discovered that I’d been server a response that was clearly meant for someone. I was asking a question about PC components in Austria and I got a response where a Japanese startup was mentioned by a name (not going to repeat it here publicly) and ChatGPT was asking what kind of information I would like it to research. I haven’t had any discussions with ChatGPT that would be even remotely related. I was clearly getting a chat response that was meant for someone else entirely.

Why it’s semi-serious: When you’re leaking potentially confidential information between ChatGPT users, it’s not good!

A very good reminder to be careful out there and only put into ChatGPT anything that one would feel comfortable sharing publicly as well.